Thread: Color Concepts Finishers Color Wheel

Color Concepts Finishers Color Wheel

Is anyone familiar with this wheel? I have a couple of questions on using it. I understand most of it but need two things clarified.

1.) On the inner wheel take Raw umber. Under it there are 100% 80% 60% 40% 10%, I am trying to figure out how to use that. For example to obtain the color shown as 100% I doubt you mix 32 oz of raw umber into a quart of stain base or in the case of dye water or alcohol. On the instructions it says that it represents the color at its opaque strength and I am assuming that means the one with the color name on it not the one that says 100%. I say that because I don't think you would use 25.6 oz of raw umber in 6.4 oz of water, but maybe that is correct, anyone know?

2.) The instructions say that using the windows it shows what color is obtained by mixing the colors 3:1 but does not say into how much base or water / alcohol.

Can anyone help? I called Color Concepts this morning but as of now have not had a return call.

Thanks

George

EDIT: Forgot to attach the pic of the color wheel.

Scan0007.jpg
    Last edited by George Bokros; 05-12-2014 at 5:01 PM.

Blog Entries
    I have that wheel but am not at home. Perhaps this will help a bit in the mean time: http://www.shellac.net/finisherscolo..._moreinfo.html

Thanks for he reply Glen. I have read that and unfortunately it does not answer my questions. I called Color Concepts and they have not returned my phone call..

George

George,
    Try this from Shellac net:

http://www.shellac.net/finisherscolo..._moreinfo.html

Opps - I see Glenn already sent you there.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon