Thread: Questions on Bit Brace and auger bits

Questions on Bit Brace and auger bits

Dos anyone know anything about this brand of brace? it is a pretty standard ratcheting brace but in quite good condition I paid about 12 dollars for. It works quite well. I have several other braces I have bought for about 3 bucks a piece but would require a lot of cleanup. This one works pretty well (will probably be my keeper along with the "craftsman chest" drill(?) and a corner brace my Dad left me. Would be interested in any information someone could share. I can take a picture of the whole thing but I figured it was nothing special or unique.

My next question is about Russell Jennings bits. I purchased a set on the famous auction site, but there were three number 6 bits in the set! There was a mix of square and round shanks. I purchased a second set and now have a full set with a beautiful box. My question is this. Is there any reason to keep the round shank bits? They slip in the traditional braces. Are they for use in hand drills that have the newer type three jaw chucks? Would they be worth keeping for use in the Craftsman Chest Drill. It has the three jaw chuck.

Any information would be appreciated. Also, does anyone need a umber 6 to fill out their set? I have several to choose from!

No, the sky is not falling - just chunks of it are.

Someone probably cut the bits to work in a power drill. I have a set of Russell Jennings that I bought new. They still work great.