Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JobControl Jobs Missing

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Shepherd View Post
    10.3 is out there, you might want to upgrade to that. 10.2 fixed some buggy issues, 10.3 seems to have refined some of the smaller issues as well as adding it some excellent new tools. With 10.3, I think you need the new 10.3, the new driver, and an update to your firmware (so don't do it on Friday afternoon!).
    Steve/Scott, what are the new tools you speak of in 10.3? Another issue I'm finding is job names being cut off with "..." instead of showing the full name. I know this may be due to a windows path issue, so I now have the .tsf files going to a folder straight from the c: drive to eliminate as many subfolders as possible. This still hasn't fixed the problem. I like to have the job names and file names describe what it is, dpi, test, final, array, company name, project name, etc. This is great in theory, because I can just read from a detailed windows list and know what file I need to load, but in JobControl this is no help. If I have to make a change in CorelDRAW and send another program, if I keep the same name it just adds a different number to the end, and if I change the filename description, the part usually changed is at the very end, which makes it impossible to tell in JobControl. You mentioned doing another video, and I'm not sure if I missed it, or you just haven't yet. I am grateful for all your input on this site. Much appreciated!

Slightly off topic...

Chad,

This may help you find files better, and it's portable too:

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/search_my_files.html
    ULS M-300 30W, CorelDraw X4

Steve,
    If you are having issues there are two ways to save them.
    1 from the que right click and optimize it. it will change the name a little and you will have a vector optimized file. It will typically run faster also.
    2. you can save the file to an archived file. just go to the File menu and save plate. I use this to save repeatable job setups so they don't take up memory in the que.

I am posting this from home so I don't have the actual name of the function in the right click menu in the que. If you have any questions, I can check it tomorrow.
    Hope this helps and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Looks to me like you should be looking into why Windows needs to auto restart instead of troubleshooting JCX. Auto restart can be disabled.