Thread: Grizzly Table Saw purchase opportunity

Grizzly Table Saw purchase opportunity

Found a G1023SLX 10" Table Saw 3 HP Single-Phase 220V Left-Tilt sale and wondered if $750 is a reasonable price. Flooring business going out of business. Was honest enough to tell me that it does need a new bearing. Not sure how hard that would be to replace. Any thoughts would be appreciated

That's real borderline to me. If 750 was maxing out my budget, I'd buy. But if the extra cost of new wasn't a huge deal, I'd pass.

Replacing the bearings is not a big deal. I have replaced them in a Unisaw which is the same design of the 1023slx. Bearings are cheap and are the common 6203-2RS which can be had at the local auto parts store or bearing house. That being said, I have heard of many people cracking the bearing housing when pressing the bearings without the proper support. The up side to that is the part will be cheaper than the comparable part that goes in the Uni and be easier to get. $750 would be too much for me, if I had to replace the bearings knowing that the G1023RL is a little more with a riving knife and better dust collection. Coming out of a business it was probably worked over pretty hard.

That's priced too high if it were me. Generally I start at half retail for an estimated used cost and go from there. How old is it? How hard was it used? If it needs a new arbor bearing (not a big del but it will take time to do) it's been used enough to stay below half retail. I think $500 is more like it. I'd offer 5 and see what he comes back at.

Changing bearing is not hard but I would worry about how hard saw was used if coming from a flooring business.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I think I will take a pass on it all together. I didn't mention that it's a 2 hour drive to get it. Back to square one.