Thread: Another Live edge table completed

Another Live edge table completed

Figured Maple and Walnut live edge hall / sofa table
    This one will be delivered to the gallery tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice work John!

I am doing a live edge countertop in a bathroom at my house. I have a neat slab of walnut that will do the job. I'm curious, what if anything should I do to the live edge to prep it for finish?

Nice project John!

Love it!........
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

very nice John. I see posts holding the table top..do you worry about expansion/contraction with that thick top? how did you allow for that with the posts?
    Be the kind of woman that when your feet hit the ground each morning, the devil says, "oh crap she's up!"

Tolerance is giving every other human being every right that you claim for yourself.

"What is man without the beasts? If all the beasts are gone, men would die from great loneliness of spirit. For whatever happens to the beasts will happen to man. All things are connected. " Chief Seattle Duwamish Tribe

Hi Michelle, the posts are walnut dowels that are spaced no more than about 6" apart, given this short distance I see no problem with the expansion / contraction of the top, the dowels should have more than enough flex in them to accommodate the little amount of movement that will happen in the slab.

I really like how the bottom shelf balances the top. Many slab tables look top heavy to my eyes. This one is very nice.