Thread: Looking for storage plans.

Looking for storage plans.

I have a Jet cabinet saw with 52" rails on a Delta mobile base. I have been looking for plans for a storage cabinet to build under the extension table. I have found numerous pictures and got some great ideas but looking to get the plans so I do not have to do all of the design work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
    Last edited by Raymond Fries; 05-18-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Raymond, after more than 150 views of your post and no one has any suggestions for plans, maybe designing it yourself is the route to go. Maybe I could help you flesh it out if you have some basic dimensions and ideas of what you want to store in this cabinet. Send me a PM if you want to explore that.

My first thought would be to design your own. Great learning experience also.
    My 2nd thought is to check out the Grizzly catalog and look at the tablesaw that has a mechanics-style toolbox on the right of the saw, and to the rear. Most of these toolboxes have good quality ball bearing slides on the drawers, lots of ways to store tools, and look halfway decent. Or just visit the local Sears and find one that fits below the table.

I sent a preliminary sketch as a starting point. Let's figure out from there what to do. It would be nice to be able to move the lever that pushes the single caster down out to the front so you don't have to reach under the table to operate it. That would give us some additional width for the cabinet on the right end.