Thread: DIY Safety Signs

DIY Safety Signs

I occasionally look at Kevin Kelly's Cool Tools website
    http://www.kk.org. They describe and review a "cool tool" once a day or so. It can be anything from a book about building houseboats to a weed torch to precious metal clay. Not everything is directly useful to me, but there are a lot of fairly interesting ideas.

One of the recent tools was a link to a technical communications company that has an online "safety sign generator." http://www.stclaire.com/go/industrial_signage/sb2/html You just type in the text that you want to appear and pick an appropriate ANSI pictogram and you get a PDF containing the completed sign. They have similar generators for HAZMAT NFPA compliant signs and OSHA compatible lockout tags.

You do have to sign in, but the service is free. The resulting signs are generated in PDF and can easily be printed directly from your browser.

I don't know if this is really useful or if it just appeals to me as a software engineer. But I thought some folks here might find a use for this.

Hi Brad,

If you want to play with precious metal clay the Society for Contemporary Craft, in the Strip, is offering a class with it on the summer schedule.

They are also offering some woodworking classes. I'm taking the mortice and tennonclass and the dovetail class. Ther fees are reasonable.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Great site

Brad thanks,

This is a great site. Of course I had

to make signs for the shop and the refrigerator.

Here is one I am going to glue to my Fathers

dashboard,

Per
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "all men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night....wake in the day to find that it was vanity; but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dream with open eyes, to make it possible."
    T.E. Lawrence

Brad:

Thanks for posting that link. I had fun making signs for the entire family, and both dogs.

SWMBO's Sign: "Danger! Migraine Sufferer at Work. Just Keep Quiet and Nobody Gets Hurt"

15 year-old Daughter's Sign: "Warning - Teenager's Life Being Ruined by Parents"

10 year-old Son's Sign: "Warning - Trespassers Risk Being Shoved Into Closet or Swept Under Bed"

English Pointer's Sign: "Warning - Neurotic Pointer With Overactive Licker. Rain Gear Recommended."

Yellow Lab's Sign: "Notice - If You Don't Have Food or a Ball, You'd Better be Here to Scratch My Butt!"
    Last edited by Sam Chambers; 06-29-2005 at 1:33 PM. Reason: Spelling error
    Sam/Atlanta