Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My New 2 Car Woodshop that will never see a car

My New 2 Car Woodshop that will never see a car

Hey Guys,

My wife and I bought a house in January and the main priority once we moved in was making sure the garage was a respectable shop. The pics below represent about 8 weekends of work, now I'm ready to get started on some projects in the new space. Thanks for looking.

Very nice. I too have a developing two car garage shop however mine will see cars; I have a hard time spending 20-30k on something then leaving it outside. In my case everything is/will be on wheels and easily tucked away. Big TV.

Thanks for the kind words. Yeah where we live it very rarely drops below 40 or above 90 so the cars can live outside without to many issues...The TV is actually the smallest in the house, but I own an Home Theater Company so that part comes easy to me.

That's way too tidy look like a display stand at some woodworker show, gonna post my photo later, not going to tidy it up gonna show "as is" lol

Nice and clean! Floor looks great. What did you lay down?

6. It'll never see a car......until the wife tells you otherwise.

Nice place, my garage is around that size and I also have an open ceiling like yours. The joists running across make really convenient space for storage of things you rarely use but need a spot for them.

No dust collector?

Man cave! Where's the fridge?

Just out of curiosity ... how well do televisions work in a dusty environment ... has anyone encountered a great solution for protecting one in a shop ... or have long term experience they could share?

Quote Originally Posted by Albert Lee View Post
    That's way too tidy look like a display stand at some woodworker show, gonna post my photo later, not going to tidy it up gonna show "as is" lol
    I just finished it and I did straighten up a bit but that's how it looks currently. Will be a bit messier when the cabinets start but so be it.

It's in the back corner, you can just see it in one of the photos.

Thanks. I used Ucoat it and have been very happy with it thus far.

Nope, she is great about these things. I got the theater and the garage, she has carte blanche on the rest of the house, we're both happy with the arrangement.

The TV is an Industrial Model and there is a ventilation fan installed behind it that ensures no dust gets in the vents, my biz is in Home theater so I planned this one properly. The garage is connected to the kitchen so I'm no really in need of a fridge, I can walk the 10 feet.

A shop that clean is a sure sign of a sick mind. I am jealous.

The only thing missing is a recliner for that TV.

Rick Potter