Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is your cell phone getting bigger

If work didn't require otherwise I would have a small flip phone I could wear on my belt like the good old days.
    LOL!
    The "boss" (AKA -my wife) won't let me get a flip phone either .

I mentioned to her that a flip phone from Tracphone was only $14.99 and she nixed the idea because it only has double instead of triple minutes.

"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by glenn bradley View Post
    If work didn't require otherwise I would have a small flip phone I could wear on my belt like the good old days.
    Yup, if you just need a - you know, phone - that form factor works pretty well. Just stick it in your pocket, the screen and keys are covered. And it's small enough to not require cargo pants sized pockets.

I tried one of my friends giant size Samsungs, and besides the storage issues when carrying it, they start to get to a size where using the darn thing one handed is difficult, and typing in widescreen mode gets impossible for those with smaller hands . . .
    " Be willing to make mistakes in your basements, garages, apartments and palaces. I have made many. Your first attempts may be poor. They will not be futile. " - M.S. Bickford, Mouldings In Practice

I'm not an iPhone fan, but this is still funny:

andr.jpg

I just switched from my iPhone 5 to an s5 and am happy but it is big. It's borderline not pocket able in my opinion. And the one handed issue is there however they have a smaller keyboard in the phone that is movable on the screen to help.

I do a lot of sketching/drawing which is why I switched and am happy with it. They all have their ups and downs.

I had heard on a radio tech show a while back that the increase in phone size wasn't so much to do with user demand but more so to accommodate larger batteries allowing for full days use.

I remember being teased for being the one with the largest and heaviest phone when friends had these tiny little phones. Now people are walking around with note3's on their ear.

I was getting interested in getting my first smart phone. Then I started to realize how vulnerable they seem to be. I seem to know a lot of people who have had to get new ones for various reasons, the screen cracked, it got wet in a pocket when it rained, it got dropped, etc.

I can understand business requirements for many people, but I really have no business need for a smart one, and I have no problem waiting till I get home to check e-mail, so I have decided to stick to my flip phone. Heck, I don't even text, all I really need is a telephone, and my current one has held up 4 years with constant abuse. The case has scratches all over it.

But, truth be told, the main reason I will get another flip phone is because it fits in my watch pocket.

Rick Potter

PS: Wish they would come out with the Dick Tracy wrist phone.
    Last edited by Rick Potter; 06-07-2014 at 3:00 AM.