Thread: Rust Hard to Find When Covered in Paint

Blog Entries

Rust Hard to Find When Covered in Paint

This is almost embarrassing. I may have walked by this while Candy and I were paying a visit to one of our regular antique store hunting grounds;

Stanley #46.jpg

She came up to me and handed it to me and ask if I had seen it.

It is covered in black paint and is kind of hard to see. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Looks like a lot of work to get it cleaned up. It seems to be frozen by the paint and maybe some rust. all the threaded and sliding parts have been given a liberal application of "Break Free" penetrating oil.

It is my first #46. As if I don't have enough other multi planes.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Embarrassing? You're embarrassed to admit that your lifemate is aware of what you like and is assisting you in the hunt for rust? That's a gloat, man!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Houghton View Post
    That's a gloat, man!
    Bill is right about that. My wife does not assist me, but then I'm much better at buying rust than fixing it up. It's possible she's right...
    AKA - "The human termite"

Blog Entries
    You guys are right. I have a wife to gloat over. Missing it is still a touch embarrassing.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)