Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laserable flasks

Mike,

I'm one man operation and they sell to me up in Canada. My operation is B2B (business to Business).
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Blog Entries
    Thats odd. Their site indicates they only sell to award type businesses.
    JDS Industries sells only to retail stores in the awards and recognition trade.
    Anyway, I am not a business, just a home hobyist. I am probably the guy they want to weed out

I was looking at their wood USB drives. The girls need them for school and I thought I would laser the school logo on it and their names.
    http://php.jdsindustries.com/JDS_SIT...FO&MENU2=MENU2

Instead, I just ordered 5 of these (331006278026) off ebay for $8.80 ea. I liked the ones at JDS as they appear to have a keychain loop they could attach to their backpacks. There were cheaper ones direct from China but I need them before the end of the month (school starts) and I couldn't wait for the shipping time.

I may go into the school and talk to the principal about some things, this being one of them. I may see if they want to strike a deal up where I can make the school logo'd USB drives for sale to the students who want/need them and the school can get a cut to help with the budget. Its a private school so it avoids the issues of the public schools' gov run bureaucracy. If they want to do that, clearly not this year, I can order the cheaper ones from China earlier next year and whip up a jig to logo many at once.

I picked up pencils when walmart had them on sale for $0.47 for 20. I put the girl's names on them and the school logo. I also put a mustache on Serena's (she's into mustaches lately as a fad). I have already run batches of pencils for 4 of their friends already so I smell an opportunity here.
    [SIZE=1]Generic Chinese 50w 300x500
    Lulzbot TAZ 5 3D Printer

Corel X7, Photoshop CS6, Lightroom 4
    Modo, Bryce, Poser

If You Can Read, Thank A Teacher. If You Can Read It In English, Thank A Veteran
    That's what you do in a herd: you look out for each other. - Manny from Ice Age