Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Grizzly vs ClearVue cyclones

So it looks like the Grizzly G0441 doesn't come with a stand - that's an extra $275. But it seems that it would be pretty easy to make a stand out of dimensional lumber that would work just fine and cost a lot less. Has anyone done that?

I'm looking to step up from my Delta portable dust collector, but not sure I need the size of the G0441. I only use one tool at a time, but I have at least 6 tools that I'd like to connect via duct and blast gates. Would the G0440 be adequate?

Quote Originally Posted by Marty Tippin View Post
    I'm looking to step up from my Delta portable dust collector, but not sure I need the size of the G0441. I only use one tool at a time, but I have at least 6 tools that I'd like to connect via duct and blast gates. Would the G0440 be adequate?
    Assuming that you only use one tool at a time, it's not the number of tools but rather the particulars of the most demanding tool you intend to use, the distance, the number of bends, and the pipe you use that determines the required CFM, which in turn specifies the required unit.

I've heard there could be a new gun in town in about a year w/latest design and a really novel integrated monitoring and control setup. Not sure who would come up with something like that though.

Here's my stand, three different kinds of wood:

I'm looking at the same thing I can't get beyond the $395 shipping from that company in NY. any idea if the inlet on the Grizzly can be rotated so it exits out the front?

ML
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Liechty View Post
    I'm looking at the same thing I can't get beyond the $395 shipping from that company in NY. any idea if the inlet on the Grizzly can be rotated so it exits out the front?

ML
    Yes, If you look carefully at the photo you can see the bolt pattern that connects the housing.

Personally, I'd go with the Grizzly cyclone.I have several Grizzly machines,can count 6 in my head, and have had hardly any problems with any of them. And I'm still sore at Oneida for selling me a sensor for my dust collector that DOES NOT WORK!

most of my major tools are grizzly but I went with CV for the DC. I would make the same choice again. Has worked flawlessly for 4+ years and can handle multiple machines on a 6" pvc system.

anyone with the Grizzly willing to measure the width from outside the filter housing to the outside of the cyclone for me?

ML
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Liechty View Post
    anyone with the Grizzly willing to measure the width from outside the filter housing to the outside of the cyclone for me?

ML
    Does this help?

Thanks Steve, was hoping for real world, seems grizzly changes their dimensions frequently. I have a a alcove for it and can't move the 1400 LB safe its it doesn't fit...

ML

With my homemade stand, my G0441 measures 59" width.

Thanks Ed Much appreciated.

ML

I have had a clearview for about 8 years and it has worked very well. I'm getting ready to purchased another DC. Hadn't considered the Griz before.

One thing that's missing from this thread is the fan curves or facts associated with moving air. All 5 hp dc's will move chips. I'm also interested in how much noise is produced. The CV is loud.
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.

After reviewing the Grizzly I noticed it's only a 3 hp motor compared to the 5 hp of the CV. And I don't believe the filters are the same as the Wynn filters. The price for the 5 hp Griz was $2400 which is more than the CV unless I'm missing something.
    Sorry my message is so long, I didn't have time to write a short one.