Thread: Question - Large Sublimation Sizes

Question - Large Sublimation Sizes

Question - How do you guys handle sublimation pieces that are behind the size of your printers and/or presses? Such as a large cutting board (press OK, but printer too small) or even bigger, a throw blanket. Is there a recommended place to outsource these types of jobs? If so, please PM me that info.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

Tim

I haven't had calls for items that won't fit my press but here are a couple that wouldn't fit my printer. On the far right I advised the customer I would have to make two plates. On the left I very carefully aligned two 8.5 x 11 sheets on the brass and pressed it. (these jobs were both laser sublimation)

If I needed a larger press I'd probably have Keith do the job.

For outsourcing have a look at Colorado Timberline.

I had planned to take in the Indy show tomorrow but a family matter keeps me at home. I imagine you'll be there.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Mike Null; 06-11-2014 at 8:11 PM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Tim,

My large heat press is 24" by 30" and my printer is 13" by 19" max. When I need large dye-sub jobs printed I order them from Conde. I think their printer is 54" wide and any length.

Thanks guys. I didn't know Conde did wide format. I'll have to talk to them on Friday, at the NBM show in Indy - Sorry you aren't going to make it Mike. I'll keep Colorado Timberline in mind as well. Can't hurt to compare prices to help the bottom line.

It should have been of no surprise. When I bought my laser, I then found jobs too big for it. Now that I do sublimation, again there are jobs too big for it. Nature of the business I guess. I'll just have to outsource & be creative like Mike had suggested.
    Tim
    There are Big Brain people & Small Brain people. I'm one of the Big Brains - with a lot of empty space.- me
    50W Fiber - Raycus/MaxPhotonics - It's a metal eating beast!
    Epilog Fusion M2 50/30 Co2/Fiber - 2015
    Epilog Mini 24 – 35watt - 2006 (Original Tube)
    Ricoh SG3110DN
    - Liberty Laser LLC

I have pieced together a few cropped transfers with luck.... used tape and have used conde spray glue.

I made the prototype board with my Ricoh 3110 by piecing together 3 sheets but just got the Ricoh 7100 to make making the 80 boards quicker.

AL
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".