Thread: Anyone Seen Plans for an Aerobic Step?

Anyone Seen Plans for an Aerobic Step?

I'm looking for plans for an aerobic step for a gift for my wife. You'd think a step is just a block of wood, but there has to be a certain amount of "spring" to it so as to absorb some of the impact. I can't say how much impact, but I'm told it's about 110 pounds.

Has anyone got any sources on anything like this???

Thanks,
    Jeff Smith
    Athens, AL

Jeff,
    The class my Wife took used some built steps to makeup enough for a large class sometimes. Those were a 2x4 on edges and 3/4 ply top with no center bracing. Basically a box with no bottom.

I can get you the size if you need it, we still have them. You might check on ebay for a Reebok aerobic step.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl Kelly
    Jeff,
    The class my Wife took used some built steps to makeup enough for a large class sometimes. Those were a 2x4 on edges and 3/4 ply top with no center bracing. Basically a box with no bottom.

I can get you the size if you need it, we still have them. You might check on ebay for a Reebok aerobic step.
    Thanks, Earl... That would certainly work. She has a Reebok step, but I made the mistake of asking her how much it cost, and when she told me, I instantly said, "I could make you something to use for a step." I was thinking just a step... I wasn't thinking "with spring action."

Anyway, I can make something like you're describing tonight and see if she approves. Thanks!

Jeff Smith
    Athens, AL