Thread: My First Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree Pens

My First Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree Pens

Yesterday I was able to find the time to engrave the first pens that I made from the Stonewall Jackson Prayer Tree. Roger Chandler and the WOV group on the Western side of Virginia were kind enough to include me in this project and I appreciate their invitation.

These are the first of the Stremeline Pens, I have five of the Zen pen kits ready to engrave and will be ordering some of the sterling silver pen kits as soon as I can find them. The Zen and the Silver pen kits will be much larger in diameter so the engraving will be larger and more prominent on each pen.

All of the SJPT pens I make will be turned from white Corian and the white oak from the tree. Obviously the Corian allows me to engrave the portrait, text and the unique serial number. Aaron Koehl is working on a design for the Certificates of Authenticity we will ship with each pen and I am working on procuring an embossing tool for the certificates.

There will be ten shadow boxes (serial numbers 01 through 10) that will include sterling silver pens, dye-sublimated Corian photographs of the tree, Stonewall Jackson's picture and the appropriate text. These will also have a Certificate of Authenticity.

Sorry for the poor quality picture I don't have macro capability on any of the cameras I own but I will try to find a way to get better closeups soon.

The majority of the Streamline Pens will be donated to the Freedom Pens Project and sent to our combat troops serving in the Middle East.
    The remainder of the pens will be sold and 70% of the funds collected will be donated to the Wounded Warriors Project.

As a service veteran I am proud to be able to contribute to these programs that support our active duty Servicemen and Women. I am at a unique place in my life where I am able to donate much of my time and resources. Lately that has taken on a new meaning given my recent health issues that have placed me in debt to a large number of family and friends who prayed for my return to good health.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 06-13-2014 at 7:23 AM.

2. Beauties Keith! You have kept right in theme with the support of our troops, for which we are grateful to you! I know the owner of the tree will love these and I will love mine when you send them! These are just splendid!
    Remember, in a moments time, everything can change!

Vision - not just seeing what is, but seeing what can be!

Beautiful work Keith! Glad to see you are able to get in some shop time!
    Steve

“You never know what you got til it's gone!”
    Please don’t let that happen!
    Become a financial Contributor today!

These are really nice, quite the treasure for anyone close to the project. A special gift for any service person as well.