Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pantry build

New pantry build

Hey guys....just installed my new kitchen pantry, not quite done yet as I have to build the center drawers and all the doors but I'm definitely over the hump and should be done in a week or so...thanks for looking.

image.jpg

Looks like you have it laid out just for what you need. Can't wait to see it finished. Funny, I always picture pantries for food.

Face frame?

Glued and screwed, or dados for the shelves?

How will you finish at the top (molding, as is, flush to ceiling?)

Nice looking piece, there.
    I particularly like the plate dividers.
    Those are a nice touch.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Wolfe View Post
    Looks like you have it laid out just for what you need. Can't wait to see it finished. Funny, I always picture pantries for food.
    Yeah the center 4 drawers are for food....there done now. It is very specific, my wife's design.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Face frame?

Glued and screwed, or dados for the shelves?

How will you finish at the top (molding, as is, flush to ceiling?)

Nice looking piece, there.
    I particularly like the plate dividers.
    Those are a nice touch.
    3/4 inch face frame glued and screwed, 3/4 inch birch ply all around except the 3/4 inch solid birch for the face frame...next pic shows progress...when done the sides and doors will be painted to match the rest of the cabinets which I'm starting on next....molding will be last step...thanks for the kind words.

Current state
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Neal View Post
    It is very specific, my wife's design.
    You made something your Wife wanted, the way she wanted it AND you finished?
    I only hope mine never sees this thread...

Blog Entries
    I'm in the process of redoing our pantry. The old one has a floor to ceiling lazy Susan that we have grown to dislike. It was a good idea, but stuff gets pushed off due to the fact there is no edging on the round shelves. The new one will have all pull out trays that will be height adjustable.

Would you mind telling me where you got the sliding baskets?
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Yeah I'm starting to see thats pretty rare, if makes you feel any better I'm not done yet, I still have 4 drawer fronts
    and 4 doors yet to make

Sliding baskets? If you mean the pull out drawers I made them from scratch. the slides are 24 inch extension soft close slides, I think they ran around 17 a pair, if that's what you meant I can look it up.

11. Quote Originally Posted by Jim Matthews View Post
    Hahaha..... Hilarious! Lol

That's a very slick design! I like division of the drawers, plater dividers and the "pull out" system. Easy functional.Well done. This is inspiring.

Blog Entries
    Looking Good.......
    Army Veteran 1968 - 1970
    I Support the Second Amendment of the US Constitution

If my wife sees this, I'm screwed! Nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by Gus Dundon View Post
    That's a very slick design! I like division of the drawers, plater dividers and the "pull out" system. Easy functional.Well done. This is inspiring.
    Thanks Gus. We sat down and designed the whole kitchen, this is the first part of the kitchen cabinet build, I'm hoping this will be the hardest part as they are way bigger than the rest of the cabinets.