Thread: Thermwood's amazing new Cut Ready Cut Center

Thermwood's amazing new Cut Ready Cut Center

Just got this link in the mail. Not affliated... supposedly some kind of advertising is going to be on the the Bloomberg station the 27th of July. Hope its more than this, not that I can afford anything like this just thought this looked interesting. Link is here

Interesting. Long on the bla bla bla, but vague on how this machine works, or how it is different from a CNC.

John

There's better info on the machine in this video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aJdeerkONE
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

It takes away the CAD and CAM required by a user. You say make a widget this big and it does it.

There is a lot of power in this type of approach to customers that only focus on a specific job type.
    Last edited by Mike Heidrick; 06-20-2014 at 8:52 AM.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Well, it looks like just the thing if you want to compete with Ikea. All jocks aside, I can see where it could be a benefit for some shops. If that's the type of work you produce, pricing from the menus looks simpler estimating CAD/CAM time. Plus, the operator is more of a material handler and button pusher.

John

Seems like the drawback is that you get no visuals in a 3D room... You'll have to do all your design on paper or some other software.
    CarveWright Model C
    Stratos Lathe
    Jet 1014
    Half-a-Brain

With that much work on the software side of that machine I am guessing there is a sales front end of that machine package.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I would hate to be limited by a machine that can only make predefined products, no matter how large the selection - but I don't make kitchen cabinets for a living.