Thread: Sawstop sliding table

Sawstop sliding table

I saw on another forum, a link to an article fromWoodworker's Journal where Sawstop this fall is coming out with a slider attachment for their saws. While it probably won't be cheap, I am looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

I saw that too. Without a sliding table I considered any saw only half of a saw.

There are quite a few sliding tables on the market already so I am not sure what sawStop can bring to the table that is different. I would love to see them build one like the JessEm that doesn't require legs. Given the industrial and educational settings that thes saws find themselves in I am guessing it will be a little more industrial than that.

Seen a pic of it looked like a grizzly slider. it had legs

Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    There are quite a few sliding tables on the market already so I am not sure what sawStop can bring to the table that is different. I would love to see them build one like the JessEm that doesn't require legs. Given the industrial and educational settings that thes saws find themselves in I am guessing it will be a little more industrial than that.
    Cary, building a format slider with Saw Stop technology would be a great improvement over the cabinet saw with add on sliding table design............Regards, Rod.

I called yesterday afternoon and spoke to them, and they indicated they hope to have something soon to put on the website, but not yet. She thinks it will be around 1k$ but could not confirm. It will be 50" capacity

They've been working on a format saw for awhile I think. I reckon finding a manufacturer in Asia that can make one that meets a Sawstop brand quality standard and price point is a stumbling block. They may have to go to Poland or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Woirhaye View Post
    They've been working on a format saw for awhile I think. I reckon finding a manufacturer in Asia that can make one that meets a Sawstop brand quality standard and price point is a stumbling block. They may have to go to Poland or something like that.
    That is just nonsense. Or is it a joke I am not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Loren Woirhaye View Post
    Because Asia is not capable of producing Sawstop quality