Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Resawing with a Grizzly Bandsaw

Blog Entries
    Glen,

You can sharpen a bandsaw blade on the saw with a dremel tool in less than 15 minutes. You should try it, it can save your bacon at times.

Currently, my favorite blade on my 14" Jet is a 1/2" X 105" 3tpi skip tooth blade. The blade is from Highland Woodworking.

It is sharp, tracks well and has no vices.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 07-02-2014 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by lowell holmes View Post
    Glen,

You can sharpen a bandsaw blade on the saw with a dremel tool in less than 15 minutes. You should try it, it can save your bacon at times.

Currently, my favorite blade on my 14" Jet is a 1/2" X 105" 3tpi skip tooth blade. The blade is from Highland Woodworking.

It is sharp, tracks well and has no vices.

Hi Lowell,

I do need to pick up a dremel. I'm probably that last person alive who does not own one. What type of file like attachment do you use for the dremel? I have lots of hand files for my hand saws but the thought of filing all those teeth by hand gives my nightmares.
    Thanks

Blog Entries
    A small cylinder shaped grind stone (1/8"?) will do. You just sharpen the inside of the hook, only touching it with the stone. The hooks on the blade will be razor sharp.
    Just rest your forearm on the table and present the stone to the inside of the hook. After you touch it, withdraw the cylinder, rotate the wheel to the next hook and repeat.
    If you mess up a blade, it was already messed up, but I doubt that you will.

Safety glasses are a requirement for this exercise.

I have a pair of safety glasses that are bifocals like drugstore readers that I use every time I go into the shop, along with hearing protection.
    Last edited by lowell holmes; 07-02-2014 at 2:11 PM.