Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to HNT Gordon?!

Exclamation What happened to HNT Gordon?!

I just made up my mind to purchase some HNT spokeshaves & I was dumbfounded when I tried to go to the website, no longer available!

Did something happen I'm not aware of? I would hate to find out Terry is no longer making/selling his amazing tools. Someone please tell me this is not the case.

2. ...still there...great gear...HNT

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Gardner View Post
    I just made up my mind to purchase some HNT spokeshaves & I was dumbfounded when I tried to go to the website, no longer available!

Did something happen I'm not aware of? I would hate to find out Terry is no longer making/selling his amazing tools. Someone please tell me this is not the case.
    Here is Terry Gordon very much alive at the Sydney, Australia Timber and woodworking show this past weekend.DSC02453.jpg

... and about 6 weeks ago, Terry had the booth next to mine at the Perth LN Hand Tool Event. Very much alive and well ...

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Gardner View Post

First post. What happened to HNT Gordon? Kind of a marketing campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Rutkowski View Post
    ...still there...great gear...HNT
    It seems like there's something ..... peculiar with that web site. I get a 403 error for the largest portion of the screen but there's a ribbon or panel at the top showing online tool store, newsletter subscribe, using hand tools, contact us and free-color-catalogue. Click on any of the icons returns the 403 error. I tried it with Firefox and Opera.

The Website is down.

I've seen adverts on the auction site.
    I wonder if he's migrating his online store?

8. http://www.hntgordon.com.au/
    works for me, but another person in the USA couldn't use that link.

Blog Entries
    I spoke with Terry in regard to this over the weekend, he has his web designer on it. He said to email him directly to make purchases in the interim.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

I'm in the US and get an error page when using the link provided. Glad to hear it is just a tech problem!
    Thanks guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    First post. What happened to HNT Gordon? Kind of a marketing campaign?
    With no track record to follow, hard to tell one way or the other.

The benefit of the doubt goes to the commercial business.

Simon

Blog Entries
    The website is having issues from some sources (including mine in the U.S.). I remember when most people didn't know what a website was. Now one blinks for a few hours and we assume the worst ;-)
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post

Simon
    I'm not sure what you meant by this, I'm not sure if I should be offended or not. Nevertheless, I was very frustrated for several days of not being able to access the HNT site, a lot of Google searching provided me with no answers of why the website was gone, so I figured someone on here must know what was up. Not sure if I broke any forum rules, correct me if I'm wrong, & it was definitely not an intentional plug.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon MacGowen View Post

Simon
    If you read the thread, you would see that a number of people, INCLUDING TERRY GORDON, have acknowledged a problem with the website, so maybe the benefit of the doubt should go to the poor guy who made his first post and got falsely accused.

Grant Gardner, welcome to the forum. Ther are a lot of great and knowledgable people here. I hope you won't let a couple inappropriate posts keep you from coming back.
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 06-30-2014 at 10:07 PM.

Folks,

Let's lighten up.

Simon is merely suggesting that you don't overreact when you have a problem with a website. Give the business a benefit of a doubt before you begin suggesting the business is nefarious or going out of business just because the website is having problems. The internet is the biggest source of misinformation in our world.

Pat isn't accusing anybody of anything. He does inquire if it's a marketing strategy but I suspect that is tongue-in-cheek.

Come on people. Lighten up.

I see no reason for anybody to be offended.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....