Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What happened to HNT Gordon?!

Blog Entries
    Proposed new rules to participate in this thread; two drink minimum.
    Bumbling forward into the unknown.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald View Post
    Folks,

Let's lighten up.

Simon is merely suggesting that you don't overreact when you have a problem with a website. Give the business a benefit of a doubt before you begin suggesting the business is nefarious or going out of business just because the website is having problems. The internet is the biggest source of misinformation in our world.

Pat isn't accusing anybody of anything. He does inquire if it's a marketing strategy but I suspect that is tongue-in-cheek.

Come on people. Lighten up.

I see no reason for anybody to be offended.

Lightened & enlightened;-)

Welcome Grant! Im glad you've joined us.

From everything I've heard and read, Terry Gordon builds great stuff. I know Derek Cohen (also an Aussie and extremely talented) has sung HNT's praises in a number of posts. When I get skilled enough to warrant tools in that price range, I'd like to see for myself. So when the website comes back up and you place/receive your order, it would be great if you'd post a brief review here!

Take care,
    Fred
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Blog Entries
    Hi Grant,

Welcome to The Creek!
    I thought maybe HNT Gordon had retired a ways back when my local store, Highland Woodworking, stopped carrying things they use to carry. I also discovered Craftsman Studio in California, who use to offer many of Terry's planes, only had old stock. As I understand it the shipping from Australia is quite high. Maybe shipping costs made HNT Gordon prices high here in the US causing some of the stores that use to carry Terry's planes to stop carrying them.

I was interested in Terry's planes too but could not find them in the US so I tried a few other routes.

Quote Originally Posted by Grant Gardner View Post
    I just made up my mind to purchase some HNT spokeshaves & I was dumbfounded when I tried to go to the website, no longer available!

Did something happen I'm not aware of? I would hate to find out Terry is no longer making/selling his amazing tools. Someone please tell me this is not the case.
    Take a peek again this morning Grant. You will be happy to see the website is back up and running.

Both of the links previously posted in this thread work for me
    Last edited by Pat Barry; 07-02-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Blog Entries
    Sorry, the site is not up for me yet. Maybe it is sleeping in?
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

Still get a 403 error too. I'm going to blame the NSA, it's a plot to keep us Yanks from getting quality planes.

Just to keep the Where's Waldo tone going ;-)

-Tom

Maybe they got caught up in Microsoft's heavy hand http://www.tomsguide.com/us/microsof...ews-19087.html

Well its still working for me. Here's a snapshot of the new splash page:
    Capture.JPG
    Now I feel like I'm the one pimping the site. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Pat Barry View Post
    Well its still working for me. Here's a snapshot of the new splash page:
    Capture.JPG
    Now I feel like I'm the one pimping the site. LOL
    I'm not sure what the deal is. It was hypothesized that the site problems were a regional thing, but I still get the 403 error and I live in Minneapolis and it works for you in St. Paul. Strange.

Not working for me.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Took a bit to load, but it worked for me. Am I in the right place? www.hntgordon.com.au/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Frederick Skelly View Post
    Took a bit to load, but it worked for me. Am I in the right place? www.hntgordon.com.au/
    That worked for me. The others haven't since the start of this thread.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Works fine on android with Google chrome. ... I was stunned by the amazing work he puts into his planes. Incredible stuff...

I got a 403 error as late as noon yesterday, but it seems to be working now. Windows 7 / Google Chrome
    Your endgrain is like your bellybutton. Yes, I know you have it. No, I don't want to see it.