Thread: Guess What is Under the Plastic

Guess What is Under the Plastic

A new toy!! I'm happier about it than I look. I won't keep you in suspense, it's part of our new water jet!
    581.jpg

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Very nice...

Looks like it might be a very fun and wet 4th of July.
    Sometimes decisions from the heart are better than decisions from the brain.

Enjoy Life...

Looks like machinery, but those of us who use mostly hand tools never look at stuff that big and complicated to tell what it is!

585.jpg

Out of the plastic. We won't be up and running for a couple of weeks.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    Bella Terra

What are you going to cut with your new toy? I think you're in the stone countertop biz, right? So are you going to cut slab stone? Every time I've been near a stone shop, they've been using diamond-tipped circular saws, mounted on a big gantry above the slab.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    What are you going to cut with your new toy? I think you're in the stone countertop biz, right? So are you going to cut slab stone? Every time I've been near a stone shop, they've been using diamond-tipped circular saws, mounted on a big gantry above the slab.
    Yes, we will be cutting stone and quartz surfacing slabs with the water jet. We also use bridge saws, but for intricate shapes the water jet is the way to go. We work with the yachting and aviation industries. Countertops for aviation have a sink cover. When using heavily veined materials the water jet allows the material cut out for the sink opening to be used for the cover so that cover and countertop veining have the same flow. That can't be done with a blade.

Bella Terra

I know that this machine will cut a straight line BUT will it cut a circle or other shapes

OK Belinda, which brand and what work piece size, and which maximum pressure?
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH

Wow! That is a big one. They had a smaller one where I worked, very cool machine but it was LOUD!
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Belinda, Can we come over and get some parts made up?
    You never get the answer if you don't ask the question.

Joe

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    I know that this machine will cut a straight line BUT will it cut a circle or other shapes
    It will cut any shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    OK Belinda, which brand and what work piece size, and which maximum pressure?
    Flow is the brand, the bed is 7' x 13', 60,000 PSI.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Page View Post
    Wow! That is a big one. They had a smaller one where I worked, very cool machine but it was LOUD!
    We'll find out but it can't be much louder than a bridge saw (I hope)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Tilson View Post
    Belinda, Can we come over and get some parts made up?
    You certainly can!

Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda Williamson View Post
    It will cut any shape.

Flow is the brand, the bed is 7' x 13', 60,000 PSI.

We'll find out but it can't be much louder than a bridge saw (I hope)

You certainly can!
    can this machine operator control or set the width of the cut

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    can this machine operator control or set the width of the cut
    You can change the nozzle to change the width of the cut.

Bella Terra

Sounds great Belinda. I'm familiar with Flow's machines. Just be prepared for the rebuilds of the pumps and keep plenty of those expensive spare nozzles on hand. Note that the worn out nozzles should be saved. They make great shafts for card scraper burnishers.
    Dave Anderson

Chester, NH