Thread: Cermark lmm6000 or lmm 6060?

Cermark lmm6000 or lmm 6060?

As a quick introduction since this is my first post, I've had a Trotec speedy 300 60 watt for a little over a year now. I have mainly been producing various acrylic projects for several customers.

I would like to get into metal marking and would like a little direction.

Laserbits sells 2 different Cermark products (6000 and 6060). I understand the 6060 is water based and that has some shipping advantage but as far as actual performance or useability does it do any better (it substantially more expensive)?

My current project that I need it for is marking on a thick uncoated piece of aluminum. Most of my projects will probably be marking stainless steel or chrome (if I can).

Any advice is appreciated and I'm not married to using Cermark so if there is a better option please let me know.

Thank you

Peter

I can't tell you of any advantage of the 6060 because I haven't used it. I have, however, marked tons of stainless parts with 6000 and can assure you it works fine. FYI - shop around, you'll find much better pricing on Cermark than what you have already found. JDS has it pretty reasonably priced as well as other places. Make sure you compare the TOTAL price - shipping, handling, hazmat, etc. - some charge for things that should be included... just sayin.

The 6000 will work great for stainless. The 6060 is a next generation CerMark, and is suppose to have some new technology that improves bonding to aluminum, brass, and bronze (metals that 6000 had issues with.)

I just finished an order on stainless steel using 6000 this morning. I have tested 6060 but haven't made it work yet on aluminum. In fairness, I've done minimal testing.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

If price is an issue, have you ever tried that alternatives to cemark? A lot of people swear by it, myself as one.

I own a bottle of LMM-6000. Get good results on anything without a glossy finish. But anything glossy, like brushed stainless, i'm out. The quality just isn't up to scratch. I use a molybdenum disulfide lubricant and get a better result.

Just my opinion anyway.
    Last edited by Mitchell Tutty; 06-30-2014 at 7:25 PM.
    Epilog Fusion 40 (60w)
    CAMaster CNC Router.
    Flame Polisher
    Range of sanders
    Drill Press
    Table Saw

I just had my tube tested this week and find that its output is well below spec. Because of that all of my efforts to test LM6060 were invalid so please disregard my comments relative to LM6060.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks for everybody's input. I tried the lmm 6060 and so far haven't been successful at getting a fairly dark permanent mark on bare aluminum. I've been using a 2 inch lens and I saw something that said to use a 1.5" with aluminum so I'll give that a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by peter doe View Post
    Thanks for everybody's input. I tried the lmm 6060 and so far haven't been successful at getting a fairly dark permanent mark on bare aluminum. I've been using a 2 inch lens and I saw something that said to use a 1.5" with aluminum so I'll give that a shot.
    Post your settings DPI you're sending the job over as, the speed/power/ppi.

Nothing wrong with a 2" lens for it. Post those 4 settings and we'll see if anything looks obviously incorrect to us.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.