Thread: Speedy 100 not following vector path.

Speedy 100 not following vector path.

Just wasted two pieces of material getting this error, bit puzzled as it's the only problem on the entire plate.

Here's the vectors in JobControl:

Here's what the laser did, note the two bulges where the curves should have been tangent.

Anybody got any ideas why it's not following the vector in that one place alone?

Redrew the line by the drawing exactly over the original, it looks identical but now cuts fine.

Very strange.

I don't use autocad, but I export and import DXF files between my Casmate, Gravostyle and Corel programs. Quite often I'll get results like that when Corel opens a DXF I created in another program. Sometimes perfect circles look like eggs on one side, or I'll get similar bulges like yours where none should be.

Have no idea what causes it, you may be having a similar error between the job control and the machine...? At least with my problem I can see it first!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Had this again yesterday:

Will get on to tech support about this, I am not impressed.

Blog Entries
    See if you can narrow it down for them, Dan. Delete all other lines in the file and verify it still screws up on that one line. If it does, try saving it in different formats, like an older version of your drawing package's format (e.g., save it as a CorelDraw 12 file rather than an X5 version).
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Dan, post some info. DPI when you send it, speed/power/ppi, correction value. Also which version of job control and your firmware you are using.

Also, if you want to email me a file, I'll try it and see if we get the same results on a different machine, which would isolate it to the machine or the software.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.