Page 19 of 37 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Installed a start of the 10" mainline run of Nordfab today. Have some lines for a chopsaw station and an 8" drop for the jointer planer station.

That is absolutely the way to go for DIY when you can fund it, Mike! That's going to be a beautiful collection setup and easy to add to or reconfigure in the future if needs change.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

New shop dog this year. Sassy is her name. 5 month old pit.

Put in the ceiling drop runs for the table saw and one for a shaper off the main trunk.

Sassy's thinking.. should I lounge in the theater chair or mow through the funny looking obstacle course...
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Did you list what kind of DC you are using, Mike? Sorry, not gonna scroll to find it! LOL!

Boy, those DC pipes are WAAAAAAY up there!!
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

looks nice but was wondering what size dc have also..

I use a 2hp harbor freight dc with garbage can seperator.

J/K

4800cfm 50-765 Delta 5hp with 10" inlet. Also have 2800cfm Delta 5hp cyclone and 2 hp Jet with canister.

If i dont like any of them i am buying a big one.

Gonna be one heck of a shop Mike! She's coming along great.
    Fred

There's a machine shop guy on YouTube I enjoy watching: Keith Fenner.

He does a lot of CNC plasma cutting. It is so cool to see him work, say 'I need a bracket for so and so'...then go cut one out...badda boom badda bam he is back to completing the job.
    Wood: a fickle medium....

Did you know SMC is user supported? Please help.

I continue to add functionality to the shop*for products I make in niche markets. Most of my business is in the form of custom CNC engraving and CNC milling. I decided in 2017 I*am converting on of my*CNC routers into a CNC plasma cutting and marking machine. Conversions, while it may seem like all you do is change the table and mount a torch, have their own unique solutions if you want proper Z height control of your torch. Torch Height Control (THC)*is a different set of monitoring I will do with my machine and with my software.

My choices so far:

Hypertherm Powermax 65 Plasma Machine. - This machine is a beast in the small to medium cnc plasma markets. My machine has both torches and a CPC connectivity port already.

CANDCNC Torch Height control setup and feather touch off setup
    Velox Floating head Z axis conversion
    Command CNC Linux CNC Disto and their screens.
    New controls will be off an ESS ethernet smooth stepper so that's new for me
    Sheetcam TNG license - will try that
    Inkscape - going to try that
    Fusion 360 - Need to use more
    Vectric - to create and manipulate vectors easy

the Hyperthem PM 65

Nice choice on the plasma Mike. I plan to employ the same model when I get my plasma table next year mostly likely.
    Jeff

Got a water pan folded up and I welded the corners. Here is first test to see if it was water tight. No drains or grate setup in it yet.

A Grizzly 10hp 3ph G0638 came up on ebay this week and the seller and I agreed on a price tonight. 18.5 impeller, 12" inlet, 4029 cfm, dual 55gal drums, 3 months old. Ill take 12" nordfab up to ceiling and transition to 10" lines i ran awhile ago.

Ill sell my 5hp 8" inlet cyclone I guess or just use it on north side.

More to come on this.

Also started on water table bladders for air assisted water height and draining features on my cnc plasma build.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Heidrick View Post
    A Grizzly 10hp 3ph G0638 came up on ebay this week and the seller and I agreed on a price tonight. 18.5 impeller, 12" inlet, 4029 cfm, dual 55gal drums, 3 months old. Ill take 12" nordfab up to ceiling and transition to 10" lines i ran awhile ago.
    Ill sell my 5hp 8" inlet cyclone I guess or just use it on north side.
    More to come on this.
    Also started on water table bladders for air assisted water height and draining features on my cnc plasma build.
    Mike,

I'm enjoying following your thread - thanks for taking the time to post all those photos and info. When you're all done maybe a YouTube video tour? Or sell tickets for tours in person. (Oops, I forgot, a shop is never "done".)

I'm looking forward to seeing your plasma CNC come together. I bought a Hypertherm 45 a few years ago and I continue to be impressed by what it will do. I use it more than I imagined around the farm here. The 65 looks like a great machine.

JKJ

John your 45 has a CPC port and RS232 port option too I believe. Perfect for a CNC plasma machine! Dual use it with a machine torch and the hand torch. I ordered both for mine too.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.