Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 162223242526

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Great idea John. I may do that - put a emergency light on a slatwall cleat and wire in a plug. I am going to want one by the mezzanine's steps but not sure where it will be. It most likely WILL have a plug nearby though.

Jim, I saw a guy on garagejournal wrap his exposed pex in diamond plate - it looked awesome. Building my plasma cutter machine maybe I will get creative. I prob should at least box it in play. That pex has been like that for 3 years now. Your idea is valid though - and now you have just jinxed me - THANKS!! lol
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Oooh...chrome diamond plate would be "special"....
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

PEX will become brittle and break down over time with direct UV exposure. Covering is a great idea. We boxed ours in with wood, but the diamond plate would look pretty cool. Putting a metal cabinet in front of it to store your glue and finishes would be a nice way to protect the pipe and keep your stuff warmer in the winter.

There is no direct exposure to uv light on the pex but covering is a good idea to make sure of that.

Have 5 panels left on the south 64 wall, only one with an outlet, and I started the west wall as the south wall butts up to it. The work on the west wall took care of the second set of light switches too so that jumble is out of the way. Making progress.