Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Lily helped me get the sliding keyboard shelf installed on this CNC router.

I sure wish I had space in my shop for that kind of setup, Mike...being a technology guy, it would be right up my ally!

Your "assistant" seems to have a wide range of skills. Kudos to you for including her in your shop activities...she will benefit from it life-long!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hung up the first aid kit and eye wash station. Had to burn some MER money or loose it so ordered these.

Is that a can of heartburn treatment on the top shelf?
    -Lud

Kind of a bit off topic but....

Having the first aid supplies is great and the eye wash is a good idea. Most people have never used one and have no idea. The time to read the directions is not when you have gotten something in your eye. It is a good idea to read them before something happens. I saw this at the steel plant where worked and they started covering it routinely in safety meetings.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Frank View Post
    Kind of a bit off topic but....

Having the first aid supplies is great and the eye wash is a good idea. Most people have never used one and have no idea. The time to read the directions is not when you have gotten something in your eye. It is a good idea to read them before something happens. I saw this at the steel plant where worked and they started covering it routinely in safety meetings.
    That is a very good point and extends to the entire contents of a first aid kit, we need to know what to do without having to go to youtube..,

I assume Mike's kit has some hemostatic clotting agent which is a must have for a wood shop as well as understanding how to use it. One of the things that can be very useful but hardly ever found in industrial first aid kits is a couple of military field dressings, they are particularly useful if one is alone when they "spring a leak". The ability to tie them on is great. Another thing useful in a woodshop is a sterile plastic or glass container along with a "snap and shake" cold pack to transport any minor severed appendages, note the finger etc needs to be wrapped in gauze so it does not come in direct contact with the cold pack.

This is a useful section of the thread since we don't often talk about the "what if" safety items very often. Things like eye wash stations, first aid kits, fire extinguishers and the like aren't exactly sexy and aren't cool like a new bandsaw or Lie Nielson plane but there may come a time when one of them is not only the most important item in the shop but the most important item in your life.
    Of all the laws Brandolini's may be the most universally true.

Deep thought for the day:

Your bandsaw weighs more when you leave the spring compressed instead of relieving the tension.

Girls helped me with an outfeed table today based on a kreg universal bench with casters and 3 of their kreg clamp tables I have collected over the years. it is 32"X72". I still have to change out on of the pieces of kreg track and I am going to mill an access hole.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Very nice Mike! I love how you get your girls involved, I'm sure they will look back on these times with dad with fond memories. Are you going to extend the miter slots into the table?

They asked to build the next table frame all by theirselves. Thinking I might just hand them the rauils/legs, the square, and the drill driver and say have at it. Just want to see what it looks like.

I have a jessem masterslid to install. That being said I may just leave the one piece of track short and use that if the miter gauge needs installed.

Also considering removing one piece all together and adding the gap back into the lower piece and using it like a MFT/cutting table for my Dewalt tracksaw.

My plywood giftbox is here.

2016 GMC 3500HD SLT 4X4 single rear wheel long bed double cab replaced my Titan yesterday.

Line-x liner installed.

This has been an expensive year for you, my friend!!

Congrats!

Love those LineX bed liners. I have one in my Ranger.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Better than doing it on a fixed income I guess. Very blessed to be able to work hard.

Took a crazy gamble. An Amazon seller had a BAK Revolver X2 bed cover that had been returned for more than $400 cheaper than a new one. It is a 8' rolling aluminum slat vinyl top tonneau cover that locks along the bed sides (aluminum slats cet captured in a full length clamp when closed) and the locked tailgate prevents easy access. Because it is a rolling hard cover you cannot slice it open. Anyway the cover showed up last night and the rails had a tiny ben on two tabs that I immediately fixded with a parallel clamp perfectly. The cover itself was sealed and so were all the parts. Went on awesome. Sometimes a gamble pays off! I also installed the under cover cargo box that can also fold out of the way if you don't want to use it.