Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 273334353637

Thread: Pole Barn 40X64X16

Oh and yes it is 3dwave.org and the newest club name is 3DWave CNC Models . Thats what clubA became recently.

Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Mike I know that that size sounds huge but it will fill up. DAMHIKT. My shop is 40x70 with 16 high walls and is full. I too have metal/mechanical end and woodshop. lately I have been moving stuff for more free space and looking at putting more stuff on wheels as well as purging unused tools and machines. You are going to love having this space. I have 2"x8" walls with R28 insulation and R60 blown in fiberglass in my roof. I used Superform ICF forms for a 4' high frost wall on a 8"x 20" footing. My floor is 6" concrete with pex for in floor heat tied on 10m rebar on 12" centers . I insulated under my entire slab with cut out door panels from a door factory. My shop is cheap to heat and stays really cool in the summer. The exterior is pre-finished tin. One suggestion I would give is if you use tin for your roof go with white over galvanized. It is about 40% cooler when things get warm in summer.

Mike Kees....this shop has been built for a long time now...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Somehow when I read through this thread that entire last page with pics was not seen by me. O well hope someone else learns something from my rambling.