Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Almost ready to buy a SawStop

Almost ready to buy a SawStop

am really close to pulling the trigger on one. any suggestions on where to buy ? i know there is little difference on price, but what about service ? i live in Atlanta so i have lots of options - Rockler, Woodcraft, Highland, Redmond... Just curious if anyone had any suggestions on getting the best buying experience.

thanks

Todd in Atlanta

It doesn't matter where you buy it. Sawstop has some of the best customer service you will ever find.

I would check and see what the costs are for delivery and if one of them will deliver it for free or very low cost.

I have the PCS with the industrial mobile base and could not be happier. I have had to call the customer service a couple of times to find some things out and they were great and took the time to explain some things to me.

Well don't matter where u buy price will be the same. I could have got mine in Del and avoided sales tax, but I got the ICS and needed it put in the basement, so I had to drop the dime on a delivery charge and since they delivered to PA, I paid the sales tax. Looking back don't regret it. Best saw I ever used, and love the CS.

I had very good service at my local woodcraft; they even delivered it to my home for free. I also have a local rockler that I go to less often, but, from what I can tell they also have great service.

I bought my ICS from my local tool supplier... Like everyone has already pointed out, you are going to pay about the same $$$ no matter where you purchase the SawStop. I figured I wanted any profits made to go to a local business who supports local woodworkers...

BTW... Great decision! You will love your SawStop!

Michael
    Lugoff, SC

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Stockdale View Post
    Like everyone has already pointed out, you are going to pay about the same $$$ no matter where you purchase the SawStop. I figured I wanted any profits made to go to a local business who supports local woodworkers...

BTW... Great decision! You will love your SawStop!

Michael
    Lugoff, SC
    X2 Spend your money at a local woodworkers store.
    Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Henry View Post
    am really close to pulling the trigger on one. any suggestions on where to buy ? i know there is little difference on price, but what about service ? i live in Atlanta so i have lots of options - Rockler, Woodcraft, Highland, Redmond... Just curious if anyone had any suggestions on getting the best buying experience.

thanks

Todd in Atlanta
    You forgot Peachtree...

At all you mentioned you'll pay the same sales tax(7%) except for Highland where there's an additional 1% City of Atlanta tax.

Don't know about delivery except I do know that Redmond will bring it to your door and put it inside for a small charge depending on your house and the lot conditions. I bought my 15HH from them for that reason and a 54HH is being delivered and set up next week.

Other than that I can't think of a reason to choose one over the other. I'm pretty fond of Highland and Redmond personally but that's just me.

HTH,
    Bill

+3 on supporting your local woodworking store. They provide an invaluable service by giving us a place to get supplies on a moments notice rather than waiting for shipping and the ability to see and fondle "stuff" in person is invaluable to me. My local Seattle Woodcraft is exceptional. The staff actually know what they are talking about and I have never heard them fabricate false info or try to oversell anyone. In addition they actually care about the total customer experience and the success of their clients. They did me a "solid" about a month ago that I can't elaborate on but it cemented my feelings and commitment to continue to do business with them.

I bought mine at Peachtree Woodworking in Norcross. Great service from a store that is managed by the owner.

Do your local schools still have woodshop classes? Buy it from whomever the schools buy theirs from. Support the people that support shop classes...

Thanks for the input everyone. I certainly plan to support a local business with the purchase. I do more business with Rockler than others but would have no objection purchasing from any of the others. i think i will first talk to Rockler.

thanks

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Bill McNiel View Post
    +3 on supporting your local woodworking store. They provide an invaluable service by giving us a place to get supplies on a moments notice rather than waiting for shipping and the ability to see and fondle "stuff" in person is invaluable to me. My local Seattle Woodcraft is exceptional. The staff actually know what they are talking about and I have never heard them fabricate false info or try to oversell anyone. In addition they actually care about the total customer experience and the success of their clients. They did me a "solid" about a month ago that I can't elaborate on but it cemented my feelings and commitment to continue to do business with them.
    If I had a store like that, I would certainly support them. My Woodcraft doesn't have anything in stock and doesn't answer emails.
    They advertise "Free liftgate service" so I tried to order my SS from them. Turns out the liftgate is free, but the delivery charge is several times as high as buying from 1000 miles away.
    They don't deserve to be in business.

It is true they don't fabricate false info or oversell; mainly they ignore customers and say they don't know to any question.
    Last edited by Wade Lippman; 07-07-2014 at 11:00 AM.

Wade, I had the same basic responses dealing with my local Woodcraft store. I tried to buy several of my machines from them, I like to support local business. They were just not interested in dealing on anything. I was looking at getting a Saw Stop PCS and I was told delivery to the store would be free but when I asked about getting delivery to my home, I don't own a truck, they gave me the name of a local moving company, which wanted $500 to pick it up at the store and deliver it to my home. How do they expect to stay in business with that attitude. I could buy the exact same SS from Amazon, at the same price they wanted for store pick up and have it delivered to my home for free. I tried to buy other machines from them with the same attitude. I don't deal with them now except to get an occasional piece of wood.
    Last edited by Chris Padilla; 07-09-2014 at 11:40 AM.
    Earl

My local Woodcraft has, on several occasions, unlocked the doors for me after hours when I ran out of screws, edge tape, stain, etc. Amazon will never do me solid like that. In return, I'm willing to accept the fact that my little locally owned store does not have the purchasing power that allows Amazon to give me free shipping, lower prices, or whatever meager perks the giant corporate leaches get us to trade our souls for. That little perk your asking for from your local store because Amazon does it, may very well be enough to wipe out 1 or 2 days of a small businesses bottom line.