Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Almost ready to buy a SawStop

After a serious ER visit with my current saw, my fault entirely, I'm also looking to buy a Sawstop. With my limited space, I'll most likely go with the contractor version with CI wings added. It is a hard choice as to where to purchase because through Amazon right now, the contractor 36" is cheaper than anyone with shipping included. Our Woodcraft is not in the city but almost 20 miles away in Franklin. I don't get out there much because of that. Convenience is a matter of perspective.

I bought mine from CPO Sawstop, with free shipping to my door. The price was almost the same with tax from Rockler, but did not include shipping. So I would have had to pick it up. The only problem I had was the T-glide fence rails must have been on the truck, they come in a 6' long package. They are separate from the main pallet due to length. I did not get them. I contacted CPO and they sent a note to the freight company to contact me. When the freight Co. didn't CPO shipped the rails to me the following week. I should have them on today, but have been ill so it's taking longer. Also have to run the 220v to my shop.
    Dan

Quote Originally Posted by johnny means View Post
    My local Woodcraft has, on several occasions, unlocked the doors for me after hours when I ran out of screws, edge tape, stain, etc. Amazon will never do me solid like that. In return, I'm willing to accept the fact that my little locally owned store does not have the purchasing power that allows Amazon to give me free shipping, lower prices, or whatever meager perks the giant corporate leaches get us to trade our souls for. That little perk your asking for from your local store because Amazon does it, may very well be enough to wipe out 1 or 2 days of a small businesses bottom line.
    I wasn't asking for free shipping, I was asking for reasonable help with delivering a product they were selling me. I could get free shipping to my house from many places with a SS purchase, not just Amazon. I only used Amazon as an example. If I am going to buy a machining costing over $4000, that everyone else in the Country sells for the exact same price, I expect some accommodation with the delivery of said machine. The store has a shop truck, if it were my store I would offer customers delivery from the store for a nominal fee, not send them to a moving company. I am glad you are happy with your local Woodcraft store but I am through with mine. I purchased about $15,000 worth of products last year outfitting my shop and less then $100 came from the Woodcraft store. I tried to give them the business but they just didn't seem to be interested.
    Earl

I have the PCS with the mobile base, one of the best tool decisions I have ever made. This is about the only tool in the shop that is not Festool and I can say, without reservation, the customer service at SS is equal to Festool and they are both OUTSTANDING.
    1 Corinthians 10:13

Todd
    I'm new to woodworking and planning for retirement so I gave myself a 36" PCS this past Christmas. I bought it at the Woodcraft in Alpharetta. I don't have a truck and delivery was necessary. I live a gooyd half hour away but hey were willing to deliver it for a small fee. A couple of weeks ago I purchased a Jet dust collector there and they delivered it too. The store manager loaded it into his SUV and delivered it. Great service

I bought the ICS and am very happy with it. the top on the main table had a flaw in it and was NOT effecting the use of the saw. Called Customer Service and sent a picture. They sent a new top. This is the best customer service I have had from any company. One of the of the best purchases I've made.

top notch

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Griffiths View Post
    I bought the ICS and am very happy with it. the top on the main table had a flaw in it and was NOT effecting the use of the saw. Called Customer Service and sent a picture. They sent a new top. This is the best customer service I have had from any company. One of the of the best purchases I've made.
    I had a small chip in the powdercoat on the rail for the fence and called them and asked for some touchup paint, and they said no, that was not acceptable, so a new rail showed up a few days later. I still have it leaning against the wall, and when I get time I'll put it in.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    If I had a store like that, I would certainly support them. My Woodcraft doesn't have anything in stock and doesn't answer emails.
    They advertise "Free liftgate service" so I tried to order my SS from them. Turns out the liftgate is free, but the delivery charge is several times as high as buying from 1000 miles away.
    They don't deserve to be in business.

It is true they don't fabricate false info or oversell; mainly they ignore customers and say they don't know to any question.
    I think with Woodcraft it is pretty much up to the owner and/or manager when it comes to free delivery. My local store has and will offer free delivery on large items such as cabinet saws or band saws and has a cargo van for that purpose. I live over 20 miles from my preferred Woodcraft store and they have never balked at offering free delivery. When it comes to supporting the local stores and paying sales tax as opposed to ordering out of state and most times free delivery and no sales tax, free delivery by my local store definitely encourages me to shop local.... Making a large $$$ purchase, paying local taxes and then having to pay for delivery is a hard pill to swallow. I probably wouldn't hesitate to take my business elsewhere if delivery wasn't free.