Thread: entertainlent cabinet cable organizers solutions?

entertainlent cabinet cable organizers solutions?

I am building a entertainment cabinet that will be 62" long. 25" high, and 26 inches deep. the back will be recessed into the cabinet 4.5 inches to alow for cabels.. will have 2 computers, sterio equipment and tv on top of cabinet so would like to organize the wires that will be in the back opening. just wondering what others use.

Velcro tie-wraps. Inexpensive, and easily changed.

Also, with that much equipment, you're going to need lots of cooling air. So don't nearly-seal the cabinet, and poke holes just big enough for cables to get through. Big holes are good.

Blog Entries
    If I were doing mine again, I would get the slide-out spinning racks. Afterwards I label cords and velcro together. There are some little plastic clips that you screw to the back of shelves and run cable through.
    Shawn

"no trees were harmed in the creation of this message, however some electrons were temporarily inconvenienced."

"I resent having to use my brain to do your thinking"

I agree with others on the velcro option, you can buy it cheaply at HD in rolls and cut to desired length. I replied to this thread mostly to advise you to make the cable pas-through holes as big as your design allows for. I recently completed a corner cabinet and only drilled the holes 1.5" and they are way too small when cables are installed and you need to fish a plug through. Easily enough room for the cables but it is the plugs!
    Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.
    -Bill Watterson

Reminds me of my safari in Africa. Somebody forgot the corkscrew and for several days we had to live on nothing but food and water.
    -W. C. Fields

Corrugated wire loom
    hosa-wire-loom-s.jpg
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

I like the wire looms as well, but if you need to control pathways, then the cheapest way i found was tie-wraps with eye-holes built in for small screws. I use these when wiring and they are the best. I've used them for PEX piping managment as well.