Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glass Ornaments

Glass Ornaments

I'm trying to get a jump on the Christmas season, although it's now July so I'm not really pouncing very much on it. But anyway, does anyone know of a good wholesale supplier of glass and crystal ornaments? I prefer the flat kind not the balls. I know I can get them for Laserbits, but looking for a different supplier.
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Roland EGX-20 Rotary Engraver

Blog Entries
    Get them from China... dirt cheap (especially when compared with places like LaserBits). You have 6 months to get them shipped, which is more than adequate.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Get them from China... dirt cheap (especially when compared with places like LaserBits). You have 6 months to get them shipped, which is more than adequate.
    Do you have a website or company name?
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Try Alibaba.com
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Our new Advertiser, Johnson Plastics has them on page 118. http://www.johnsonplastics.com/2014_...aserable_Gifts
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I just looked at Johnson Plastics, a lot better price. I have never looked at or dealt with Alibaba (don't know a whole lot about them) but I will look and see what I find
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Clark2227 View Post
    I just looked at Johnson Plastics, a lot better price. I have never looked at or dealt with Alibaba (don't know a whole lot about them) but I will look and see what I find
    Thru alibaba, I have gotten a few quotes back. The way that I am reading them, the cost is anywhere for .20/piece to $1 per. Anyone that has any experience in purchasing thru alibaba, is there any advice that you can give, questions to ask or things to look for or watch out for?
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

Shipping from China can be expensive. I paid $26.50 to ship a circuit board from Hong Kong to Iowa via DHL air, shipped on Monday delivered on Wednesday, same week.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

All -
    Can I be the only one thinking - lets keep what business of ours we can within the good old USA! ? No argument: tougher 'n tougher to do, nowadays - but, still. Might even enhance your ornament business by promoting "Made in USA". ? you think? I'll but-out 'n back to work ...

Bill
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

Bill

Please share the contact info for a US glass ornament company.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

All the glass ornaments I've ever been exposed to were hit and miss. They all came from China at some point, and they all vary wildly in sizes. I made fixtures for things like triangle ornaments, only to find out the next batch had a different angles on the "triangle".

I've seen 2 1/2" diameter discs vary 1/8" in diameter. That makes them very hard to make fixtures for and keep lined up.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Please share the contact info for a US glass ornament company.
    MIKE -
    Your point is well taken, of course - does seem it's tough, if not impossible, to find home-made products anymore. I didn't mean to lead this thread into a discussion of the matter. Me - I haven't offered Christmas/Holiday ornaments - but, plan to look 'em up in Johnson's catalog. (thanks for mentioning it.) Might be something for me to consider adding, uh? Is there good business to be had with 'em? Plus, Johnson is a terrific company and I'd like to be doing more business with 'em than I do.

Later - Bill
    (Using Epilog 35W Mini 24)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Stearns View Post
    All -
    Can I be the only one thinking - lets keep what business of ours we can within the good old USA! ? No argument: tougher 'n tougher to do, nowadays - but, still. Might even enhance your ornament business by promoting "Made in USA". ? you think? I'll but-out 'n back to work ...

Bill
    Since I know the end-product is manufactured in China anyway, I see zero reason to pay someone else to be my middleman (and make a fat profit off of it, to boot), unless they are providing me with some form of value-added service (e.g., they'll take back damaged product, offer individual wrapping, etc.) One could easily make the argument that it's more eco-friendly to order direct from China in such cases as there is less shipping, less paperwork, etc.
    Hi-Tec Designs, LLC -- Owner (and self-proclaimed LED guru )

Trotec 80W Speedy 300 laser w/everything
    CAMaster Stinger CNC (25" x 36" x 5")
    USCutter 24" LaserPoint Vinyl Cutter
    Jet JWBS-18QT-3 18", 3HP bandsaw
    Robust Beauty 25"x52" wood lathe w/everything
    Jet BD-920W 9"x20" metal lathe
    Delta 18-900L 18" drill press

Flame Polisher (ooooh, FIRE!)
    Freeware: InkScape, Paint.NET, DoubleCAD XT
    Paidware: Wacom Intuos4 (Large), CorelDRAW X5

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Hintz View Post
    Since I know the end-product is manufactured in China anyway, I see zero reason to pay someone else to be my middleman (and make a fat profit off of it, to boot), unless they are providing me with some form of value-added service (e.g., they'll take back damaged product, offer individual wrapping, etc.) One could easily make the argument that it's more eco-friendly to order direct from China in such cases as there is less shipping, less paperwork, etc.
    AMEN!!!

I would be happy to buy american if the glass was made in America. However it is not so I am trying to keep my costs down which in turn keeps my customers cost down. Just like anything that is brass, will typically (95%) be made in India. The other 5% in Pakistan. Glass seems to be now different.
    40 Watt Epilog Helix

I bring skidloads of glassware in from china . my first order was through the alibaba escrow and it worked out fine. The company I deal with now will accept PayPal payments which is much better for me.