Thread: Wood Screw Vendor Recommendation

Wood Screw Vendor Recommendation

Does anyone know of a good (online/mail-order) vendor for ordering wood screws? I'm in need of some unusually sized wood screws (#14 course thread 3/4" pan or round head) that my local hardware stores do not carry. I found a few online vendors, but they only sell in large quantities such as 1,000 screws for ~$75. Given I only need 8, a full thousand is a bit excessive and expensive. So I'm reaching out to see if anyone knows of a vendor that can provide what I need in a more "reasonable" quantity. Thanks.
    Last edited by Mark Vedder; 07-09-2014 at 5:04 PM.
    "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

McFeeley's is the best place on the web i have found for screws of all types

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Christensen View Post
    McFeeley's is the best place on the web i have found for screws of all types
    Thanks. Unfortunately the shortest #14 wood screw they have is 1" and its a flat head. So my search continues... *sigh*
    "The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Blog Entries
    Have you looked locally for a screw/fastener supplier? I live in a relatively small town and we have 2. They have every variety of screw you could ever imagine. Look in the yellow pages under "Screws"
    Larry J Browning
    There are 10 kinds of people in this world; Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Have you looked locally for a screw/fastener supplier? I live in a relatively small town and we have 2. They have every variety of screw you could ever imagine. Look in the yellow pages under "Screws"
    I'll give that a try. I only checked numerous hardware stores, woodcraft, rockler, and the big boxes. I didn't think of any type of specialty store. I found some listed under "Fasteners". Thanks Larry.

Does your town have an Ace hardware? I found some hard to find screws there a few times.

7. If you only need a few just get some #14 pan head sheet metal screws and cut them off to the desired length. You will need a pilot hole for something that big anyway, so the pointy end is not important.

Fastenal has these:

#14-10 x 3/4" Slotted Round Head Wood Screw, Brass SKU: 75451

They also have the same screw in stainless for about $5.00 each.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

"I've cut the dang thing three times and it's STILL too darn short"
    Name withheld to protect the guilty

Stew Hagerty

Fastenal has a number of #14 x 3/4 stainless panhead screws for less than a dollar each.

(Tried to add link but it won't work on this site for some reason)
    Last edited by scott vroom; 07-10-2014 at 10:43 AM. Reason: removed link
    Scott Vroom

I started with absolutely nothing. Now, thanks to years of hard work, careful planning, and perseverance, I find I still have most of it left.

http://www.fastenersplus.com/14-x-3-...FW4Q7Aod7VwApg

These work in wood, not sure what your application is, but these are available in my local store, and with a thread that large they pretty much grab in anything.