Thread: Jessems new tool

Jessems new tool

Just got a video from Jessem about their new stock guides for the table saw. A lot like the ones for the router table, but made especially to go on your Beis style fence. If they work as well as the router guides, they will be great. Same principal as the Board Buddies, but more user friendly. Cost $250 though. That will take some thought.

Rick Potter

I received the same email. I like them, but like Rick says, $250 is pricey. The router table stock guides are only $100, I have them and like them very much. It will take some thought before I plunk down $250 for the table saw stock guides.

George

My initial concern is that they will prevent the use of a push stick... Or at least require it be passed much closer to the blade... I guess you could lower only the guide that is past the blade and then use the pushstick... I don't know. Not sure I want these...

Michael

Lugoff, SC
    Last edited by Michael Stockdale; 07-10-2014 at 8:41 AM. Reason: spelling

Looks like board buddy's Nice concept though. I find I like my grr rippers nice to perform this task.

1/4-1/2 as much as a used feeder.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

I can see it might be nice cutting large pieces of ply, but in general it looks like more trouble than its worth. It looks like it would be in the way of a pushstick and an overhead guard.

Incidentally, I have a riving knife now (SS) and like the gripper splitter more. It did a great job of forcing the wood against the fence; though obviously it can't be tilted.

Everything that I have from Jessem is really first class quality except for one item that was made when the company was located in the US a few years ago. I have ordered the new table saw stock guides as they look like a good safety addition to minimize kick back and also a way to keep material snugged up against the fence. Plus they fold up if they are in the way for certain cuts.

Give us a review when you have used them please, Robert.

Rick P

They certainly look sturdy but as others indicate they would get in the way of the push stick or Gripper in my case.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade Lippman View Post
    I can see it might be nice cutting large pieces of ply, but in general it looks like more trouble than its worth. It looks like it would be in the way of a pushstick and an overhead guard.
    I use the Board Buddies which are basically the same concept. They do really help me when guiding large pieces of ply across the TS.