Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Picking up a Grizzly G0690 Tomorrow...

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Day View Post
    Cary,

I'd like to ask Grizzly what the options are for future table extension of the G0690. Maybe you know?
    I guess I don't understand the question. Are you looking for a factory extension table for the short rail or for the rear of the saw? I always make my own extension tables. I shifted my fence rail over to the right a bolt and gained about 10" of rip capacity.
    Last edited by Cary Falk; 07-16-2014 at 12:15 PM.

I bought the 0690 two years ago and have used it heavily. It's a great saw- I have no complaints. I agree- the stock blade is poor quality. I got a mobile base. I am looking at the extension table that attaches to the saw. Since I move my saw around quite a bit I like that it moves with the saw. Kind of pricey though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cary Falk View Post
    I guess I don't understand the question. Are you looking for a factory extension table for the short rail or for the rear of the saw? I always make my own extension tables. I shifted my fence rail over to the right a bolt and gained about 10" of rip capacity.
    For the short rails to increase rip capacity. The difference between the G0690 and G0691 is the increased rip capacity with rails & table that extend the rip capacity from 29.5" to 50". I'm not sure I really have the "permanent" space in my shop for this extension but I will in the future... so I was curious about extending the capacity of the G0690 to match the G0691... there is a T24862 long rails kit for the G0690, but it doesn't look quite the same as the rails & additional table & support as what comes with the G0691... maybe it is the same... not sure. I'm sure a trip to the grizzly showroom will clear it all up. :-)

Hey Craig,
    I called them up and they held the saw for me. Their website will show you availability by location, but you're probably best of reserving. I basically followed the Wood Whisperer' video on setting up a table saw and it worked great. The cord is a bit short, but the fence is solid and I have no complaints on the measuring tape.
    Hope that helps!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Sevey View Post
    I bought the 0690 two years ago and have used it heavily. It's a great saw- I have no complaints. I agree- the stock blade is poor quality. I got a mobile base. I am looking at the extension table that attaches to the saw. Since I move my saw around quite a bit I like that it moves with the saw. Kind of pricey though.
    Great to hear! I will put the freud blade I have in my current tablesaw in the G0690. Which extension table are you thinking of adding?