Thread: Estate Sale in Groton MA

Estate Sale in Groton MA

This sale auctioneer has 327 pictures. The "shop" pictures start around #200. I was checking it out for Saturday and noticed it started today. So I scurried over (15 miles away), arriving about 10 AM. Most of the planes, clamps, and sort-of-worthwhile power tools were already sold.

It was crowded - they had a police woman directing traffic, the check-out line was 10 minutes long, etc. I had planned on checking out the bird/decoy carvings but I was exasperated and laden with my LL Bean canvas bag loaded with heavy junk. Some people really like to collect things, even more than I do! My swag:

• Dunlap 3D BB plane
    • Unknown plane w/ no chip-breaker or blade (14" long, 2.5" wide, "MADE IN U.S.A.", green/blue, wood knob & tote, adjuster is not brass) - pics below
    • 2 Bridgeport nail pullers (I've always wanted one to use) - a 20 & 64
    • Auger bits galore - 6# of misc. plus a set of 12 in a wall rack
    • A Millers Falls pulley with a small buffing wheel on one end and a very impressive wire wheel (6", 1.25 wide, dense) on the other end
    • A nasty rasp! 16" long including the tang, 1 5/8 wide
    • And a nice winter work hat!

It cost me $40 plus $6 for gas. I went hoping to score something that I could resell for a profit - that didn't work. I thought the Dunlap 3D might be worth something (9 1/2" x 2 1/8" - sort of cute) but it might fetch $25 AFTER I clean it up some. The #20 nail puller should bring $15. Oh well, it was an experience, and I did get several items on my want list: the pulley/mandrel, the hat, and a 2 foot long nail puller! And I almost forgot the nasty rasp!

I hope you enjoyed my sojourn. And you saved the gas.

25pct.jpg
    Doug, the "Wood Loon"
    Acton, MA

72, slow road cyclist, woodworking dabbler, tool junkie , and
    bonsai enthusiast.
    Now, if I could just stay focused longer than a few weeks...

Congrats. Nice to see tools put to good use.