Thread: Old tool box

Old tool box

wichita.craigslist.org/tls/4540767322.html So guys from the pics, is it worth 175? Cool history if nothing else.
    Last edited by Bruce Page; 07-12-2014 at 7:59 PM. Reason: Removed active CL link.
    Only one life will soon be past
    Only whats done for Christ will last

The box alone is worth that from what I've seen, and it has the key. Make sure the key works with the lid open. Some keys can turn the tumblers to lock a box but do not line up to open it. I almost made that mistake on a machinist chest I acquired.
    Jim
    Ancora Yacht Service

Lee Schierer's daughter I think and her husband were getting rid of a box like that when I was in Pennsylvania. I am quite sure it was Lee, not sure how the young couple was related. They sold some tools out of it and the top tray is missing but they gave me the box. I stuffed it into a Dodge Neon along with my traveling bench and a box full of tools, never forget that trip. I need to make a tray for the top but it is full of tools now. If you like the box and have $175 I think it is about right, I would offer about 130 or so and expect to get it for 150. I doubt it will sell fast as the tools are pretty generic, the only thing of any real value is the box and those are not really in high demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

P.S. the brace in the bottom is a nice brace from what is visible, worth maybe 20 by itself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] "You don't have to give birth to someone to have a family." (Sandra Bullock)

Did I see a couple planes in there, in addition to the brace? Id be tempted to buy that for $175.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Looks like there are 3 braces, three planes one saw and a couple of levels that may have any value. Looks like the rest is everyday stuff.
    Andy Kertesz

" Impaled on nails of ice, raked by emerald fire"...... King Crimson '71

Oh yeah, definitely worth $175 IMO. Very nice box

If what you're looking for is a sturdy box, this one has proven durability.

Materials to make one, alone, will cost you substantial money.
    If your hope is to resell the tools it contains, beware.

Protractor head with blade
    I got cash in my pocket. I got desire in my heart....

Blog Entries
    My opinion is a bit contrarian.

The plane has a broken lever cap.

Not a lot of value in the tools imo.

It is easy when it is someone else's money being spent.

Maybe if there is some valuable tools not shown in the images it might be worth it.

My opinion... It isn't a real bad deal nor is it a great deal.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)