Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Reason Why Dining Out is Slower Than it Used to Be

I've never seen anyone photograph food in a restaurant, but I've seen lots of photos of food that people take in restaurants. Scratch that, I saw some taking photos just last Saturday. I have seen plenty of group photos taken. It should be noted that the linked article is in a TOURIST locale. More people "out of touch", more people updating their statuses, and more people taking memories.

While I suspect that the article does exaggerate, it wouldn't surprise me at all that a touristy joint would see a 10-25% increase in customer turnaround time.
    It came to pass...
    "Curiosity is the ultimate power tool." - Roy Underhill
    The road IS the destination.

I've seen exactly what was said. People on their phones, not bothering to look at the menu.
    Never, under any circumstances, consume a laxative and sleeping pill, on the same night

Last couple of times we ate out was at different Mexican restaurants. At the one, most people were eating and conversing.

At the other, I remember commenting to the wife that I couldn't find a table where someone WASN'T playing with their phone.

She said "sorry, what did you say, I was texting Jason..."

--true story. Depends on where you're eating I guess!
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

I spoke with a close friend the other day who is an executive chef...he indicated that the restaurant in the article is the Hard Rock...and that he will never provide WiFi to customers...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...