Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Which is your favorite restaurant chain?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Anderson NH View Post
    Brian, If you and your family like seafood and are going to be in Eastern New England try these places. You can look them up on the web.
    Legal Seafood- multiple locations in the Boston area and voted best seafood restaurant in America multiple times
    Jimmy's Harborside Boston
    Newick's Seafood Dover, NH and Concord, NH great seafood served on indoor picnic tables with plastic tablecloths. Excellent food
    I'll add that if you travel northeast in New Hampshire to Maine via Rt-25 stop at the Bay Haven Lobster pound in Cornish Maine WICKED GOOD!!! seafood.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Browning View Post
    Let me just say this. If Brian is looking for good seafood in New England, Red Lobster ain't it! New England has some of the best seafood restaurants in the world! It would be a crying shame to go to Red Lobster instead of one of the local restaurants from Maine to New York.
    I second that we do have the best seafood, I see Newick's was mention and I said Bay haven Lobster Lb in Cornish Me., Johnsons Steak and Seafood is good also . Murphy's and Browns in Seabrook.
    But really Just drive US RT 1 anywhere along the coast of Maine, New Hampshire, RI, CT and stop at just about any non chain place and your gonna get good seafood.In CT Jimmys, or Turks if you can't get into Jimmy's in West Haven. I've had seafood in just about every place you can imagine from NY to the tip of the Gaspe Peninsula and back really haven't found a bad place."DON"T GO TO RED LOBSTER lol when in New England. I'm in NH now anyone want to go out for seafood lets do it and if you have an MC even better we'll ride.
    If the Help and advice you received here was of any VALUE to you PLEASE! Become a Contributor
    Rabbit RL_XX_6040-60 watt Laser engraving/cutting machine Oh wait its a 3D Printer my bad LOL
    Lasercut 5.3
    CorelDraw X5

10" Miter Saw with slide
    10" Table Saw
    8" bench mount 5 speed Drill Press
    Dremel, 3x21 Belt Sander

Our favorite restaurant here in St. Louis is Brio. It's Italian, based in Columbus, Ohio and always busy. it's attractive, well situated and has killer lasagna. They are also affiliated with Bravo restaurants. Their people are well trained, very courteous and professional. It's also clear that they have a good executive training program in place.

I am also partial to Cracker Barrel for my pancake fix. If I go to a fast food place it's usually Steak n Shake but they are a very sloppy operation. If you want seafood around here you're almost forced to Red Lobster. For pizza, we're fans of Cecil Whitakers and the St. Louis thin crust. My son's barbeque ribs beat any restaurant.

I can't think of a single locally owned restaurant here that I can say is outstanding. One exception to that is Sam's Steakhouse. Great steaks and drinks but pricy.

Maybe I'm not Italian enough to appreciate the "authentic" Italian restaurants on "the Hill" but I haven't found one that's calling me back.
    Last edited by Mike Null; 08-05-2014 at 6:59 AM.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Gordon Eyre View Post
    Cafe Rio, which is just in a few of the western states. I like their pork taco's but everything is good. The place is packed at all times.
    The barbacoa is outstanding too
    When I die I hope my wife doesn't sell my tools for what I told her I paid for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Dillinger View Post
    My wife and I try to not eat at chains when we travel. We just like to try different things. But, sometimes, nothing beats a country fried steak, okra, green beans, and fresh biscuits from Cracker Barrel...
    Don't forget their warm apple dumpling topped with vanilla ice cream for dessert. Whatever one thinks of Cracker Barrel, there's nothing quite like it. Ask for two spoons, because it's too big for one person to finish and still walk to the car.

David

I saw this review of Olive Garden's "Never Ending Pasta" offering and thought about this thread. It's an interesting story.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.