Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Do we need a contest for the best use of old PC bases ???

Quote Originally Posted by ray hampton View Post
    someone got the shock that took his LIFE, while I can not recall the date that this happen , I do recall that the newspaper [cincinnati ]saying that a man was drilling a ho[e under his car [slight rain storm] and were electrocution [spell check]
    Is this serious? The guy was under his car in a rain storm using a router to drill a hole in the floorpan of his car and got killed? Strictly random that his stupidity took his life in this way, i'm sure there were myriad chances otherwise. You can bet I wont get under my van in a thunder storm to route anything, and If I do I'll be using a GFCI circuit. Any link to the original incident? Love to read that for myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Is this serious? The guy was under his car in a rain storm using a router to drill a hole in the floorpan of his car and got killed? Strictly random that his stupidity took his life in this way, i'm sure there were myriad chances otherwise. You can bet I wont get under my van in a thunder storm to route anything, and If I do I'll be using a GFCI circuit. Any link to the original incident? Love to read that for myself.
    I do not recall the year that this happen , could be back in the late 50s or 60 s and cincy was serve with 3 or 4 newspapers at this time if I am not mistaker

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Quinn View Post
    Kind of like the Pinto that was parked in the middle of I-94 and was rear ended by a one ton van doing 70mph. Duh, it exploded..........

Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Edgerton View Post
    Kind of like the Pinto that was parked in the middle of I-94 and was rear ended by a one ton van doing 70mph. Duh, it exploded..........

Larry
    I regret this pinto being hit BUT bad things happen, IF I have one cent for every mistake that people have made since they was born I WOULD richer than donald gate and bill trump

Maybe I should order a couple bases. I have two 7518's in router tables. Got 'em both used, and never had a base for either one.

Nah, just sumpthin' else to store. They will never leave table use in their lifts.

Rick Potter

I agree Rick .. I have never used one of the bases.. Not a scratch on it .. I don't really want the new ones either..

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Haukap View Post
    FYI they will send them out in six separate boxes!
    I have three of them and was quite surprised by the inefficiency of the package... one box alone seems like it could hold 8 of the bases! But, now that I think about it, I bet these are all pre-package probably by an outside company and are ready to go and all they have to do is slap a label on them and out the door they go.
    I wonder how long this design has been around? I know I bought my first one in 1993 or '94 just after I saw Norm Abram use one.

Probably pre packaged. Stocking 2,3,4.... packs is probably more expensive than the relatively few multiples they'll send out. B