Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hurricane CBN Wheels

Hi Jeff, Thank you for your post. Just to clear up the concerns, I did not say I had a new supplier, I may have said new shipment from the supplier. I would not sacrifice quality for something that is less expensive to procure. We have been selling our CBN wheels for more than a year now, we have had two returns for wobble, I am sorry that yours was one. I specify the hole diameter to be -0.000" to +0.0015" and they are measured here before we ship them. I am still not sure why the wheel wobbled on your grinder because we could not reproduce it here, but I am glad that it worked out for you. We are now manufacturing them with a direct bore, but on your older style with bushings, the bushings were made locally here in NY to our specifications.

First time I used one was the 180 at a wood turning class. The instructor taught each of us to sharpen a gouge free hand. ( His tools ) .. He had a Norton wheel on one side and the CBN on the other. He said the CBN didn't need to be balanced and he loved it ..

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Shanaphy View Post
    You may want to look at Wood Turners Wonders. They have a two wheel set (80 & 180) for $262.40 including shipping ... or either one for $162.40.
    I have the 180 grit Woodturners Wonders wheel and I am very happy with it. My woodturning club did a group buy and received a nice discount.