Thread: Finished Dungeons & Dragons Travel Case

Finished Dungeons & Dragons Travel Case

Finished Dungeon & Dragon Travel Case:

This was a break from my previous turning work, but learned a lot and as I posted previously was based loosely on the Thomas Jefferson writing desk. The angled design presented some interesting issues. Rather than mechanical slides went with an all wood approach on the drawer.

My apologies on the quality of pictures - not my strong suit.

Wood was repurposed from a 1940's Texas Christian University Dormitory - Very hard, dense oak!
    Brass from my 1986-87' tour of Korea as a 1LT. Bolts epoxied onto the brass with nuts inside, and epoxy on the brass hopefully will keep the brass in place for many years
    Knobs are Engineer Buttons from and old uniform that fit the Castle/Dungeon motif, and solved an engineering problem. They are epoxied onto a spring loaded screw (from a computer server rack) that then screws into a nut epoxied into the inner panel. This allows the travel case to be screwed tightly shut, and carried by the handle on the side. The carcass is mitered and rabbeted for the 1/2" material to fit flush, and the drawer has my first dovetails ever done on all four sides (told the wife that dovetail jig I bought 20+ years ago would come in handy someday....)

Comments always appreciated.

Dungeon & Dragon Lid2.jpgDungeon & Dragon 13.jpgDungeon & Dragon 14.jpgDungeon & Dragon 16.jpgDungeon & Dragon 15.jpgDungeon & Dragon 8.jpgDungeon & Dragon 7.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great look, Blair. That hardware is the black cat's pajamas.

Nice looking piece!