Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Where are You Vacationing this Year?

I'll be taking my vacation this year at John Campbell Folk School. It's summer camp for adults. I will be taking Frank Penta's platter class.

Rich
    You are going to love Isle Royale ! It's North America's least visited park , they say more people go through any gate at Yellowstone in a day , than visit Isle Royale in a year. It's just an amazing place. Once you get a little ways away from the landing it's like you stepped back in time. 0 changes to the island except the foot paths. Copper Harbor is nice too ,be sure to go to the top of Brockway mountain and take in the view. Or visit the Estivant Pines. And be sure to hunt for an agate on the beach.
    Chris

At the cabin in New Hampshire this week.
    Attached Images Attached Images

This summer the family has only been able to go on short trip vacations.

Tuesday we got back from a trip in Ontario. We spent a day at Point Pelee and day at the African Lion Safari park. An ostrich took a liking to the rear view mirror on the van, almost kept if for himself.

Earlier this summer we spent a few days in Indianapolis. One day we went to the Children’s museum, I was concerned that my daughters were too old for it. Not to worry, the dinosaur exhibit itself was suitable for kids of all ages.

One thing that the SMC’ers would be interested in there was a bronze cannon thought to be from Captain Kidd’s ship sitting in an electrolysis tank. Turns out they use sodium carbonate in the solution just like the neanders use for de-rusting. I’m still kicking myself but I forgot to ask the nice lady there what they use for a cathode when working on bronze.

-Tom

My wife and I were in Israel in April. I went for business while she toured around. I did have four free days to see the sites too. Glad I'm not there now.

In October we are going to northeast Tennessee. (Cherokee Forest Mountain Cabins) near Butler. We go there about every other year. (this will be our 4th or 5th visit).

If you like peace and quiet, beatutful scenery and top notch accomodations, check it out. The "cabins" are well kept modern log homes with satellite, hot tub and full kitchen. Drinking adult beverages in the hot tub, while overlooking Wautauga lake is pretty relaxing. Bathing suit not need in the hot tub.

The owner, Elizabeth, is about the nicest person ever.