Thread: Printers for Sublimation

Printers for Sublimation

Can anyone recommend a large format printer for sublimation?
    God Bless,
    James & Zelma (Psalm 18:2)
    "Inscriptions Of The Heart"
    Texas
    ~A person is only as good as their word~

My recommendation is the Ricoh 7100DN that will work with a bypass tray for the big stuff. Got a 3110 in January but needed the larger format for a project.

AL

I called it a 7700 in a post last week but could not edit it later to correct.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1 Laser, 4 CarveWrights, Star 912 Rotary, CLTT, Sublimation, FC7000 Vinyl, 911 Signs, Street Signs, Tourist Products and more.
    Home of the Fire Department "Epoxy Dome Accountability Tag and Accountability Boards".

I have the Ricoh GX7000 that will use paper up to 13 X 19 but we were just checking on something a little larger.
    God Bless,
    Texas

Our large press is 25 X 25.
    God Bless,
    Texas

O.K., you know when you have a feeling about something and don't realize it until it happens. My Ricoh died this morning, Conde says it is NOT fixable, mother board went out or something on the motherboard.

HELP PLEASE, I have to get a new printer in here asap. I want to get one that will print at least as large as my press, but at the same time be economical about it and get the best printer I can. Any help is much appreciated, my press is a 20" X 25", not the 25" X 25" I said earlier.
    God Bless,
    Texas

The Epson T-3000 is the current printer for 24" widths, that would be the next step up from the larger Ricohs. Above that are the Epson T-5000 & 7000, 36" and 44". If you want something larger than that you'd be getting into Mimakis and Mutohs.

*EDIT - Also, your message box is full

Wes
    Johnson Plastics
    Last edited by Wes Mitchell; 07-24-2014 at 1:29 PM.

We went with Epson 7890 . . . since 80% of our business is with Sublimation, we couldn't wait on this, it is on its way. Thanks for the heads up on the Inbox, got it fixed.
    Last edited by James & Zelma Litzmann; 07-24-2014 at 7:39 PM.
    God Bless,
    Texas

That GX7000 was our biggest purchase mistake since we have been in business, lasted 1 year and Ricoh would not help.