Thread: Auto-Arrange Object in CorelDraw X6 for Cutting

Auto-Arrange Object in CorelDraw X6 for Cutting

I've seen a PlasmaCam demo where the software can automatically arrange parts to fit them as tight a space as possible for minimum material waste. Is there any such thing for CorelDraw? Looks like PlotCalc does this, but only supports up to X5 and the contact information on that website doesn't work. (http://www.eng.plotcalc.com/)
    70w Helix 24 | Ultimaker 2 Go

Founder/CEO of Envies Flavor Shot - flavorings for adult beverages. Became a follower of Sawmill Creek from running a monogram acrylic jewelry biz for the last 5 years using 70w Helix 24, 30w Helix 24, and 30w Zing 16. It's been a blessing that allowed me to walk away from 12 years of IT Project Management to work from home with my wife and our two young boys. Some prayers get answered before you even pray them.

That feature is called "NESTING" ........It is not available in Corel.
    Trotec Speedy 300 - 60w, with Quatro CSA-626 fume extraction
    Xenetech 1625 x2,
    New Hermes TX pantograph, CG4 cutter grinder
    Brady Globalmark2 label printer,
    Assortment of custom tooling , shears & punches, heat bender.
    Software: Xenetech XOT, Corel X3, Bartender label software

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Lenkic View Post
    That feature is called "NESTING" ........It is not available in Corel.
    "Nesting"... Definitely the word I was looking for! I'm hoping someone knows of a plug-in / 3rd party app / something... even if it requires an export/import to get the vectors back into Corel for cutting.

Thanks!

Founder/CEO of Envies Flavor Shot - flavorings for adult beverages. Became a follower of Sawmill Creek from running a monogram acrylic jewelry biz for the last 5 years using 70w Helix 24, 30w Helix 24, and 30w Zing 16. It's been a blessing that allowed me to walk away from 12 years of IT Project Management to work from home with my wife and our two young boys. Some prayers get answered before you even pray them.

Here's a macro for it :

http://macromonster.com/index.php?mo...r&id_desc=109&

I know there are several out there, that's just the first one that came up.
    Lasers : Trotec Speedy 300 75W, Trotec Speedy 300 80W, Galvo Fiber Laser 20W
    Printers : Mimaki UJF-6042 UV Flatbed Printer , HP Designjet L26500 61" Wide Format Latex Printer, Summa S140-T 48" Vinyl Plotter
    Router : ShopBot 48" x 96" CNC Router Rotary Engravers : (2) Xenetech XOT 16 x 25 Rotary Engravers

Real name Steve but that name was taken on the forum. Used Middle name. Call me Steve or Scott, doesn't matter.

Terry

The function you're describing is called "nesting". There are some macros which will do what you want.

http://macromonster.com/index.php?mo...ting&Submit=Go

Ol' Festus is quick on the draw.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Thanks everyone!!

Now that I know what term I'm Googling, I'm finally finding what I'm looking for. I just bought the one from macromonster... we'll see if it does the job!

Let us know how it goes Terry. I'm thinking of buying it too. That is, the one Scott linked to.
    Vector Etch Laser Cutting & Engraving
    Brisbane, QLD, Australia

Trotec Speedy 360 120W
    Trotec Speedy 100 60W