Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tablesaw Throat Insert - What's it made of?

1. Looks like Woodcraft carries 1/2" Thick Phenolic in 11"x15" size. But, the local Woodcraft is a bit of a drive for me. If I'm making the drive to buy the phenolic sheet I'll just buy the Delta insert already made instead of making them myself.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Call before you go. Make sure they have the insert(s) in stock.
    Or - you can order through Amazon and save the drive:
    http://www.amazon.com/Leecraft-DL-1U...earance+insert
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Blog Entries
    Once you have more than one, you could try renewing the slot by filling it with epoxy. Just tape over the slot, turn it upside down and fill. I've never done it but read that others have.

4. Well, getting a couple of inserts is on my WoodCraft list for when I get there next time.
    So, with some free time on my hands this evening I decided to make one and document it for when I'm old(er) and feeble(r). This is for a left-tilt Delta tablesaw... however, I'm curious if someone with a right-titling Unisaw would download the PDF and print it out to see if simply flipping it over it will fit right tilt saws?
    I made a pattern in CAD to locate all the various holes. While not real critical, except for the hold-down screw, I like having a layout pattern that I can use to transfer the locations with a center punch.
    The various screws needed to make an insert...
    #10-32 x 1/2"L Set Screw for the 4 leveling feet.
    #10-32 x 3/4"L Round Head Hold Down Screw... not really necessary, but I figure when I drop the one that I take out into the base of the cabinet and it gets buried in the sawdust I'll appreciate having a few replacements on hand!
    #10-32 x 1/2"L Oval Head for the Front-to-Back and Side-to-Side adjustment screws.
    #6-32 x 1/2"L I plan on using this for the rear 'Anti-Lift' pin. Will probably have to grind the head off or at least create a flat spot on the top side. I'm not entirely sold on this... I wanted to get just a stainless steel pin, but the home centers didn't have any.
    _
    I'm not sure the photograph does it justice, but the Nevamar #S1049T-Carmen Red plastic laminate is an *exact* match for the Delta inset. No question about it's what they used. The color and matte texture is a perfect match. A very close match is Formica #839-Stop Red... it's color is very, very close, but the texture and matte level is different.
    Now, I'm BIG supporter of USA made stuff... if I have a choice I'll go out of my way to get the USA manufactured item every time. But, how can I support USA manufactures, if they don't even know where it's made!
    Download the insert pattern in DWG or PDF:
    Last edited by Tony Haukap; 07-26-2014 at 4:21 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]