Thread: Results from my class

Results from my class

Awhile back, I was awarded an EOG grant from the AAW. I used the money to take a class on Gilding and Patina with David Marks. This is the end result from that class. Really a great class, I wish it had been longer than 3 days. This piece is gilded mostly with copper, then patina's. After that, mica powders are sandwiched in between layers of lacquer. The Japanese Maple leaves are 22k gold.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I have seen one rotation from David, he does really good stuff.....like you piece.....good form....like your colors

how big is it

how long did it take .....you have to let the different layers dry before going to the next

Great use of your grant. I would enjoy the opportunity to take the same class.

I like what you've done, hope you keep exploring the possibilities.

That looks great... I wish the picture was bigger though, so I could get a closer look.

I'll work on a better pic when I get it back. It is actually still at David's. I had to catch a flight and the finish was still tacky, so he is mailing it back to me. I don't have any connection to the class other than having made a new friend, but it was really a great class. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Highly recommended.