Thread: PETE...Has anyone cut this ?

PETE...Has anyone cut this ?

Just checking to see if anyone has cut this material before. It is only .024" thick from an injection mold. I have cut PET about 1/8" thick and the edges curled a little. Want to achieve a no rolled edge if it is possible. Not sure what the melting temp is. Will get a few samples soon but want to be able to dial this one in quickly.

Thank you and ...
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X
    Corel Draw Suite X6, FlexiSign Pro 8.62, AI CS3 and Lasertype6

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    ArtcamPro 2010_SP4, EnroutePro 5.1, BobCad v21 & v24, Aspire v8 and Rhino 5.
    FOTC link
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/friends.php?cp=210&lp=0&t=0&q=

Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

Laser-Trotec Speedy II 60 watt with 9.4.2 job control and will soon upgrade to JC X

CNC Routers-Thermwood model C40 with 4th axis. Thermwood Model 42 with dual tables and dual spindles with ATC for high production runs,
    FOTC link

Michael

I was disappointed in both the engraving and cutting of PET as it melted quickly and while the image was legible it was not sharp.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

I have cut quite a bit and never get an edge I'd consider for an esthetic application. Always a little rolled and melted.
    I design, engineer and program all sorts of things.

Oh, and I use Adobe Illustrator with an Epilog Mini.

Well I hope I can get decent results. I may have 32,000 holes to cut out. Waiting patiently for samples to get here.
    Have a Blessed day,

Michael Kowalczyk

FOTC link