Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fire and ceiling-to-attic fans

Mike - you are supposed to buy multiple fans, based on the size of your house. We have four of them. Here is a sizing chart at the bottom of this page

http://www.quietcoolfan.com/fan-comparison.html

Regarding noise - we have two of them in the master bedroom. (They are the older style with the round grates). Hardly make any noise at all. I can barely tell they are running - I hear a low 'rumble' in the attic and that is about it, and they are wired in pairs, so two run at anyone time

Quote Originally Posted by John Huds0n View Post
    Mike - you are supposed to buy multiple fans, based on the size of your house. We have four of them. Here is a sizing chart at the bottom of this page

http://www.quietcoolfan.com/fan-comparison.html

Regarding noise - we have two of them in the master bedroom. (They are the older style with the round grates). Hardly make any noise at all. I can barely tell they are running - I hear a low 'rumble' in the attic and that is about it, and they are wired in pairs, so two run at anyone time
    The fan I bought was about $750. For round numbers, let's say $800 installed. Four of those would be $3,200. That's a lot of money in my book. I can buy a real whole house fan for less than $1,000 installed.

Regarding the noise. It's hard to quantify but it's a LOT noisier than an air conditioner - which I was led to believe it would be about equal to. It's so noisy that my wife refuses to let me run it at night. I'm hearing impaired so I don't hear it when I take my aids out. But with the aids in, I understand her complaints. I feel that Quietcool just lied to me about how noisy the fan is.

If I had to do it over again, I'd put it far from the bedroom, close all the windows except the bedroom and hope it would pull air into the bedroom and not be as noisy as it is just outside my bedroom.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.