Thread: Hitachi Compound Miter saw

Hitachi Compound Miter saw

I'm looking at a getting a second saw for work. I really like the C10FS , which seems to be no longer available.

I can find a C10FSBP4 , which is a 10" saw , pretty similar in looks to the one we have , does anyone know what the BP4 stands for?

Thanks in advance.

Blog Entries
    Hi Paul,

I've had a C10FS since 2008. I really like it.

There is a little information on amazon about the new saw but not much. Just one review but the guy had one of the older model saws and he says the new saw isn't nearly what the old model was. So you might read it. From what he said I think I'd stick with the older model. Either a really light used one from ebay or craigslist or maybe get lucky and find a vendor that has one of the old ones still in stock.

I think my next miter saw will be a Kapex but as i work in the shop pretty much weekends only I expect the Hatachi to last quite a while longer.

Good luck with it.

PHM

Thanks Paul.

It seems the new one is made in China , oh for the good ole days (the 80's -90's) where Made in Japan meant it was good stuff.

Not the good ole days of the late 50's -60's where Made in Japan meant junk.

So it depends on which "good ole days" ones referring to , LOL.

Kapex's are out of the budget I'm pretty sure.

I had one of the newer Hitachi sliders with the digital readout (useless, by the way) before I got my Festool Kapex. I didn't love it. My old DeWalt worked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Girouard View Post
    Thanks Paul.

It seems the new one is made in China , oh for the good ole days (the 80's -90's) where Made in Japan meant it was good stuff.

Not the good ole days of the late 50's -60's where Made in Japan meant junk.

So it depends on which "good ole days" ones referring to , LOL.

Kapex's are out of the budget I'm pretty sure.

Jason

How do you like the Kapex? Is it "all that and more"? $1,400.00 for a Chop -saw , even a SCPMS is pretty steep!

The made in China Hitachi came today, it goes back tomorrow. Absolute POS , the blade or head was so far out the blade didn't fit onto the slot between adjustable deck supports . The box was hammered , so the gal in the office will ask them to send out a new unit , if they balk at that , she's to tell them send UPS to pick it up.

The rest of the saw seemed way cheaper , although I didn't get much time to look it over my guy did , we had two Hitachi's side by side a Made in Japan C10FSB , over all the Chinese made one was big disappointment.

Maybe I'll look at the Makita LS1016 , we have a older version of this saw , it has a issue with the table stop wearing out VERY fast , so that it can't be locked except at the detents.
    Anyone have a newer Makita LS1016? Have they solved that issue?

I picked up a C10FSH at a pawn shop a few years ago. $250.00(?) It's a great saw!
    it has a laser that I don't use much. The laser is fairly accurate for rough/close enough cutting.
    the only issues is that it "back heavy" and has tumbled to the ground a time or two. No problems that weren't fixable by adjusting it.
    I've got it bolted to a sheet of plywood, now. That prevents the tumbling.

Well the new C10FSH this one wasn't bent , we've been cutting crown with it and so far it's working fine. It has a 12 Amp motor the old one has a 10 Amp motor I believe . Anyway , so far , the saws working very well , I few things seem lighter duty , but it was true right out of the box, we put a Freud 80 tooth blade on it , and added the plywood fences I've always run on my Hitachi saw and I'm happy with the machine, so far.
    I'll build a sled for it soon, like the other Hitachi's we have.